Bose Aviation X tech support.

TUCKnTRUCK

That guy
I must preface by saying, when a large company takes care of me from the start, I really like it.

That being said, I cracked the yoke on my bose headset last week. The Factory service center is very close to where I live, in Framingham Ma. I took my headset, drove to the location unannounced. Walked in the door, and told the security guy what was going on. Within 5 minutes I had a tech standing in front of me, asking me what issues I was having. He then took the headset, put it on the tester, and fixed every issue, even ones I wasn't aware of, and brought it back out to me wrapped in a new bag, box completely refurbished in less than 45 minutes. This included new cable, control box, both ear cups, ear seals, windscreen, head pad, internal electronics and yokes. No questions asked.

I can not say enough, every encounter I have had with the aviation department there has been exemplary. When I broke one of the plugs, and fed ex'ed it in, I had it back the next day. They are fast, helpful, and based in America still :)

Have to say, I give it 2 thumbs up... It's nice to see back end support from a company that is this nice. If I had to buy another one, I would, just because of the quality support that i have received... which also often goes unnoticed.
:clap:

Crazy thought on running a business:

"Treat others the way you would like to be treated."

Nah...that would never work.

Same experience for me. After 3 years it started to eat batteries in about 5-7 hrs. Sent it in, completely rebuilt the headset and overnighted it back to me. Bose customer for life.

They gotta keep up with DC Customer Service. :p

On a serious note, glad you were well taken care of! Makes the price tag on it worth it :)

RD

When the right side audio of my Zulu stopped working after 20 hours, I shipped it in via ground mail, it took four days to get to their building. After Lightspeed having my headset for three weeks in queue, work finally was started/completed on it. I called customer service and asked it be overnighted back so I could have it for a long trip I had coming up in a few days. The receptionist said sure, no problem. I got it a week and a half later...post-trip...the headset was gone for about a month and a week total.

Maybe I'll try Bose next time. I love my Zulu, but the reliability has sucked so far. The left ear sounds like it's going out now, too. Audio is very squirrely. I need and expect much better service and quality with a flagship product...or any product of theirs!

[/I Lose]

I have the Lightspeed 30-3G or something. I sent it into the repair facility because the plastic part of it broke and I got it returned about a week later and I seriously thought it was new headset. New bag, controll box, ear seals, mic cover, headset structure.

Awesome customer service.

I shut mine in the door of my truck about a year ago. I called and told them what "I" had done and they said they'd ship me a new mic/cord.

When I asked how much the said zero. I couldn't believe it since I was well over a year out of warranty.

Absolutely love my Bose X, i haven't had a problem to date with them and all i have heard from others that have had problems is that their customer service is just as good as their products!

I had a noise cancelling issue with my Bose 2 years ago. I told them I really needed it fixed fast so they actually sent me an empty box overnight with an overnight airbill so I could send it back out to them. Took 2 days to get it back and it looked smelled brand new. Bose has some excellent customer service.

Wish I could say the same about my Telex 30XT headset that I shipped back in early September. Its been 40 days and counting since I've shipped that sucker. I called two days ago to see what the status is, and they tell me "we're waiting for parts so we can repair the headset."

That's right, the manufacturer is waiting for parts.... unbelievable.

My Bose is just over 2 years old now and still going strong. It's nice to know if I ever have a problem that it won't be a hassle to fix.

I have a squealing problem with my Aviation X, I called the 1-800 number of their support. They told me that since it's out of warranty, they will charge my $175 to fix it......any one of you had to pay to get it fixed?

I've had 0 problems with their customer support. I had an issue on my bose with the noise cancelling 2 years ago when I got it. They told me to ship it back and they sent me a new one within a couple days. Great service.

One thing I love that was very important IMO was when I called the number, a person anwsered, not some machine. Great service. After 2 years and bouncing from plane to plane, they're holding up great. Bose for life.

My dad had a pair of Bose X aviation headsets out of warranty with broken earpiece yokes and Bose wanted a lot of money to fix them. He asked me if I could design replacement yokes on my computer and print them on my 3D printer. He is an airline pilot and has been using them now for over a year without any problems. If you are interested in buying one, let me know. I’ve uploaded a photo of my dad’s. They are green since that’s the color used for the test prints, but I can print them in gray or most other colors you may want. I will guarantee them for life, just pay for shipping if they do break. Email me at my username Gmail account if interested.
Bose Yoke1.jpg

My dad had a pair of Bose X aviation headsets out of warranty with broken earpiece yokes and Bose wanted a lot of money to fix them. He asked me if I could design replacement yokes on my computer and print them on my 3D printer. He is an airline pilot and has been using them now for over a year without any problems. If you are interested in buying one, let me know. I’ve uploaded a photo of my dad’s. They are green since that’s the color used for the test prints, but I can print them in gray or most other colors you may want. I will guarantee them for life, just pay for shipping if they do break. Email me at my username Gmail account if interested.View attachment 40120

That's pretty slick.

The Lightspeed guys always brag about the great customer service they get when a repair is needed.

The Bose guys don't know about Bose customer service because they don't often need a repair.

I've got two 13+ year old Bose X and two 8 year old Bose A20's.

Back