Boom and bust, the regional jet phenomenon

You can pretty much ignore what me and Boris are discussing, I'm taking a philosophical jab at him that has more to do with the nature of reality than applied economics.
The thing is, both jtrain609 and Boris Badenov have a way with words! I'm here marveling at the artistic combination of vocabulary and grammar. Forget the fact that this thread is about RJs!

Third? I think we are at a bakers dozen between Pinnacle and Colgan. Mesaba and their literate staff have been running the show for us quite a while, but Pinnacle decided that wasn't good enough. Took Pinnacle 2 months to expose themselves as the inbred redneck thieves they are. Maybe only have been one month, but January I took reserve last out so I went to work 3 times (twice flying) and didn't break guarantee, so I'm a little out of the loop from the initial incompetence.

Anyway. My complaints are logged with US Wages and I have grievances filed. Anyone from Pinnacle/Colgan/Mesaba that nees the number please PM, I have it saved here somewhere.

That is a real insult to rednecks.

Joe

Bottom line is that the CRJ-200 is now officially dead. It uses a lot of expensive fuel per passenger mile and it is no longer cost effective to fly it. There is no re-sale market. The CRJ-200's that are being taken out of service are being scrapped because there are no buyers. I do mostly agree with the article. There is a real market for a 90 seat aircraft. Always has been. The only question is who will fly them. Mainline or Regionals? My money is on mainline.

Joe

Hell yeah there's a resale! I'd like to purchase five, fly one and use the other four for spare parts.

Then I could troll the internet looking for people willing to plunk down thousands for jet time! :) :sarcasm:

Mike said: "On the paycheck thing; happens once, it's a fluke; twice a coincidence; third and beyond becomes a trend. And there's no excuse for that on their end."

Wise change on an old saying. Original, in a James Bond novel by Ian Fleming (don't remember which one) referred to things going wrong: "Third time is enemy action."

We have occasionally been our own worst enemy. Scope ain't just a mouthwash.

Are regional jet pilots in Europe/Asia on the same payroll as the airline they are flying for, or are they separated cluster Fs like it is here?

Are regional jet pilots in Europe/Asia on the same payroll as the airline they are flying for, or are they separated cluster Fs like it is here?

Europe is a lot like the US. Actually, PFT still exists out there.

Yeah, I'm thinking about Ryanair FOs...some, or all, pay for their own 737 type as part of training.
Just like Southwest.

lolol.jpg

Student and friend of mine went to Alitalia (or some regional thereof) last yr to fly the Airbus with 500 sum hours, but yeah he said pay is like a bad US regional...

Hell yeah there's a resale! I'd like to purchase five, fly one and use the other four for spare parts.

Then I could troll the internet looking for people willing to plunk down thousands for jet time! :) :sarcasm:

Sad thing is that if you proposed that to a bank you could probably get the funds to do it. You would also have a line out the door for your "transition program" I'd bet you could even partner up with a few places to do that.

Don't do that.

Sad thing is that if you proposed that to a bank you could probably get the funds to do it. You would also have a line out the door for your "transition program" I'd bet you could even partner up with a few places to do that.

Don't do that.
Sounds like a pretty good way to make money. You might even make the EMB 135 "economical" in commercial service if the FO is paying to be there. :D

Back