Bombed CFI oral

Delta:
"Have you ever failed any proficiency check, FAA check ride, or line check?"

United:
"Have you ever failed any proficiency check, FAA check ride, or line check?"

Envoy:
"Have you ever received a notice of disapproval from an FAA Inspector or FAA designated examiner for failure of an FAA Oral, Practical, or Flight test?"
"Have you ever received an unsatisfactory evaluation during any pilot training, testing, or checking event?"

(etc.)
Like I said, I didn't know about job apps.

I think what everyone is trying to say is

d00ca2b566bc9de100643c0b714278f9.jpg

A great point. If I was interviewing someone, saw they had a checkride failure, but not the associated rating, they wouldn't exactly go to the top of the pile.
I'm kind of confused with this, can you please state it another way so my pea brain can understand?

When you go for an interview the interviewer might be more reluctant to hire you if you have a fail and choose not to complete the rating. Rather than a fail and then overcome and get the rating.
This.

Failing is not something to be ashamed of or avoided. You are not the sum total of your failures you are however the sum total of how you react to those failures.

Winning is easy, failing and getting up is the hard part.

I'm kind of confused with this, can you please state it another way so my pea brain can understand?

My simpleton understanding is: if you applied to a job and they noticed you had a CFI check ride failure but no rating it would not reflect well on you.

To some in would indicate that you gave up or that you didn't follow through with something you started.

Dude I know a lot of guys with check ride failures that have good or great jobs, don't sweat it. That is also the hardest ride you're probably gonna see IMO. Like the other guys said, use it as a learning experience and make it a positive WHEN, not IF, you have an interview. Good luck to you on your retake.

Study up and knock it out of the park next time. It looks a whole lot better to overcome adversity than to give up. The CFI oral is tough, many people fail it and I would think that of any of the checkrides out there, the CFI oral is the easiest and most commonly busted.

If asked about it on an interview later in your career talk about what you learned from the experience, turn the negative into a positive.

If you want to fly Cargo, CFI is not the only way to get there So don't stress. However, now that you started it, finish it. Once you are committed to something, the only thing you should
worry about is success.

If you want to fly Cargo, CFI is not the only way to get there So don't stress. However, now that you started it, finish it. Once you are committed to something, the only thing you should
worry about is success.
I agree with ya. Since I started this CFI quest I will finish it one way or another. Everyone here is beyond encouraging, I'm really grateful to everyone who helped me out here. I tell you what though, I see those caravans flying over everyday around 6pm, and I just think "someday!"

I echo everyone else's ideas. Don't let the check ride failure knock you down for good. Just get back up, and do it again. You'll never know how far you could have made it if you give up now. Don't give up now, you got this!

I agree with everyone on the board. Don't let it get you down. I failed my CFI oral a year and half ago and never worked up the courage to retake the test, it was 6 hours long and I felt pretty disheartened. One of my biggest regrets is not reattempting the test and the feeling of disappointment never went away. Once again this certificate is my priority and I'll be taking the test again soon. Study up on what you were shaky on and you'll nail it the next time around. You'll be glad you got it out of the way, I know I will when I do.

Back