Boeing signs deal with Iran for up to $25B

it appears they have some pretty legit deice equipment for such a disenfranchised nation. Wish I had a roof over my head when I was in the bucket *firstworldtypeIVsobs*

Better than any I've ever seen at any U.S. Air Force Base for sure.

I guess what I find sad is that we now essentially have no styling. Anything like that now would be deemed too aggressive and therefore offensive.

Not allowed to in the USAF anymore. Not like it used to be.

Same as when squadron bars were changed to "heritage rooms"; as if the USAF gives two shats about heritage.....even their own.

it appears they have some pretty legit deice equipment for such a disenfranchised nation. Wish I had a roof over my head when I was in the bucket *firstworldtypeIVsobs*

Better than any I've ever seen at any U.S. Air Force Base for sure.

Modern vehicles....new in many cases, and western vehicles too such as Freightliner

While the FA uniforms are pretty traditional, there's still alot of leeway for dressing up when off duty.

I guess what I find sad is that we now essentially have no styling. Anything like that now would be deemed too aggressive and therefore offensive.

I have this secret theory: the mission of the Air Force is not air power. It's really large scale aerospace acquisition.

Same as when squadron bars were changed to "heritage rooms"; as if the USAF gives two shats about heritage.....even their own.

So what are they going to do when it hits the fan, and the only thing close enough is covered in snow/ice? Throw their arms up and say 'eff it?

I have this secret theory: the mission of the Air Force is not air power. It's really large scale aerospace acquisition.
Not so much acquisition as spending money, the way they're going I think they actually consider getting less product for more money to be a plus.

I try to tell people to think of the US Air Fore as a "non profit" technology company. A company that also happens to have aerial combat capabilities, and an EXTREMELY inefficient UPS/Fed Ex on the side. Those two things of course being more or less incidental and not the main focus, but they can make it's employees go work in some very F'd up places, even while not having enough staff to cover such.

To be fair, I will grant that any organization or company on earth more or less has to be a technology company moving forward.

Last edited:
I try to tell people to think of the US Air Fore as a "non profit" technology company. A company that also happens to have aerial combat capabilities, and an EXTREMELY inefficient UPS/Fed Ex on the side. Those two things of course being more or less incidental and not the main focus, but they can make it's employees go work in some very F'd up places, even while not having enough staff to cover such.

I will grant that any organization or company on earth more or less has to be a technology company moving forward.

Well to be fair the UPS side could be more efficient if planes stopped "breaking" every time they flew into a base with a nice beach.

Well to be fair the UPS side could be more efficient if planes stopped "breaking" every time they flew into a base with a nice beach.

As someone that has recently benefited from a plane breaking in absolutely gorgeous place for 4 days, I will also say that we have broken in absolutely horrid places as well. We break an absolute ton and there is nothing we can do about it. Our particular break would have been flat out unsafe to takeoff with, so we had to wait 3 days for a plane to get DIPS into the country and get a MX crew and parts to fix us, sucks but that's the way it goes, and we were lucky enough to sit on a gorgeous beach for 3 days because of it, it happens. This also goes back to picking through the boneyard/museums/static displays etc to find parts, MX has been patching these things together to keep them running for years, and unlike an airline it is impossible to have MX support everywhere we go, because we go to so many different places around the world, I mean we're talking literal 4000''x75' foot pieces of pavement in the middle of nowhere in Africa. Sorry about the thread hijack we can talk about how great it is that we're doing biz with Iran or whatever, meanwhile they can cut peoples heads off for wearing blue jeans and an orange T-shirt or however it works there.

Not so much acquisition as spending money, the way they're going I think they actually consider getting less product for more money to be a plus.

I know this sounds weird: we're actually comparatively good. We get far more for our money than our adversaries do.

Here's an open source article on China's strategic submarine program that demonstrates their acquisition capability:
http://nationalinterest.org/commentary/chinas-ballistic-missile-submarines-how-dangerous-9414?page=2

You know I had a 17 guy explain to me why C17/5s are always broke at Rammstein and Rota.

Basically the MEL for combat is way short of the MEL for everywhere else, so they constantly leave knowing they are only getting to the first fuel stop. Conversely some of the units have intentionally sent aircraft that were near broken into theatre because they can get the parts easier and faster to fix it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know I had a 17 guy explain to me why C17/5s are always broke at Rammstein and Rota.

Basically the MEL for combat is way short of the MEL for everywhere else, so they constantly leave knowing they are only getting to the first fuel stop. Conversely some of the units have intentionally sent aircraft that were near broken into theatre because they can get the parts easier and faster to fix it there.

It has nothing to do with Guard guys getting two months tax free for two-day trips bridging the 31st to the 1st of the month...

It has nothing to do with Guard guys getting two months tax free for two-day trips bridging the 31st to the 1st of the month...

Well that's everybody not just guard guys.

Ever SOB from every command that came and visited my team in the Philippines always wanted to "check out our Operations down south" which just happened to coincide with the place that gets everybody tax free exemption for the month.

The theatre air lift guys always made sure they flew into Zambo at least once a month with a whole lot of dudes in the back with apparently an important job of continuously monitoring the condition of the seat back I front of them.

Well that's everybody not just guard guys.

Ever SOB from every command that came and visited my team in the Philippines always wanted to "check out our Operations down south" which just happened to coincide with the place that gets everybody tax free exemption for the month.

The theatre air lift guys always made sure they flew into Zambo at least once a month with a whole lot of dudes in the back with apparently an important job of continuously monitoring the condition of the seat back I front of them.

MEP letter to the rescue!

Back