Boeing Max Settlement

The irony is that the thing Boeing was hiding was placed there -hidden- to prevent Boeing from incurring liability should the lame-ass pilots of Chitty-Airlines, Inc. end up not knowing how to to recover from a stall. In other words, MCAS was supposed to be an antidote to a lack of proper pilot training.

Boeing knew full well how bad these pilots were, but still, Boeing really, really wanted to sell airplanes to their companies.
Look man, you can sell the plane or run the airline. You can't do both.

I think I get what ur saying but... Corporation Bad is just jingoist crap. You wanna blame ford for selling the truck to a drunk or you wanna be cool like me and blame ford for putting a four banger in a mustang?

:)

Look man, you can sell the plane or run the airline. You can't do both.

I think I get what ur saying but... Corporation Bad is just jingoist crap. You wanna blame ford for selling the truck to a drunk or you wanna be cool like me and blame ford for putting a four banger in a mustang?

:)
I'm pretty sure I blamed both Be-owing and Chitty-Ass Airlines, Inc.

I totally agree that the job of an airplane maker is not to anticipate and compensate for the deficiencies of pilots. That's actually such an insidiously perverse idea it kinda blows my mind. (What's next? Home nuke plants for folks who never passed high school physics-1 ??) Sadly however, that's really becoming more the norm than the exception these days. Which, of course just makes the underlying problem worse. If the planes cover for pilot incompetence, the pilots have zero incentive to become more competent.

I don't know, it just seem like...

New-hire pilots to management these days: "Just pay me! I'm on YouTube, biatches!"

I am sure about one thing, and that's that Henry Ford Junior and most of his executrons didn't know a great car from a fish.

Last edited:
The irony is that the thing Boeing was hiding was placed there -hidden- to prevent Boeing from incurring liability should the lame-ass pilots of Chitty-Airlines, Inc. end up not knowing how to to identify and/or recover from a stall. In other words, MCAS was supposed to be an antidote to a lack of proper pilot training. Instead, Boeing's chitty-ass system ended up killing those lame-ass pilots. The really Darwinianally unfair thing is, the combo of chitty system and chitty pilots ended up killing hundreds of innocent Pax.

Boeing knew full well how bad these pilots were, but still, Boeing really, really wanted to sell airplanes to their companies.

The fact that MCAS was a half-ass, half-baked system?? Yeah, that clearly was Be-owing's fault.
I wish we’d stop calling it an “anti-stall” system, as its purpose is evident from its name - to change (e.g., bastardize) the MAX’s handling characteristics so as to feel like an NG.

But, whatever, even the JATR called it an anti-stall system.

I still think the thing isn’t -really- terribly great. I’m sure that MCAS is “safe,” but when you get right down to it, the system’s authority had to be increased in order to serve one part of 14 CFR 25, and increasing the system’s authority broke another part of 14 CFR 25. “Which master do you serve,” and so forth.

Disgraceful. Millions of shareholders, including almost all of us through our 401ks, are paying the price for criminal acts by Boeing executives, who themselves probably ditched all of their stock after they were fired and now will suffer zero consequences.

Disgraceful. Millions of shareholders, including almost all of us through our 401ks, are paying the price for criminal acts by Boeing executives, who themselves probably ditched all of their stock after they were fired and now will suffer zero consequences.
Which is, of course, to say nothing of the 346 lives that were lost.

But oh no, the Company! (I like how the corporate compensation fund is bigger than the victim’s compensation fund.)

I wish we’d stop calling it an “anti-stall” system, as its purpose is evident from its name - to change (e.g., bastardize) the MAX’s handling characteristics so as to feel like an NG.

But, whatever, even the JATR called it an anti-stall system.

I still think the thing isn’t -really- terribly great. I’m sure that MCAS is “safe,” but when you get right down to it, the system’s authority had to be increased in order to serve one part of 14 CFR 25, and increasing the system’s authority broke another part of 14 CFR 25. “Which master do you serve,” and so forth.

The Master of pure, unadulterated aerodynamics. Which is to say, the only master who really matters. Anything else is just more shiny-shiny for the marketing and compliance departments... and eff them! (or at least let them eat their own dogfood, fed to them by a highly skilled pilot of Chittty-Ass Airlines, Inc.)

It's really pretty simple: It's the aviation version of measure twice, cut once.

When you do the physics and basic design right, you don't have to mess around with save-me-jesus crutch systems and other such kludges.

Would anyone buy a house in which every joist was shimmed? Well, sure, but only anyone who didn't know what a joist was, or what a shim was, or didn't have any respect for the craft.

Last edited:
Back