BMW Owners... time to speak out!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nah... I'm gonna pull 'em out, put down a mattress, and top it off with some shag carpet.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only imagine!
smile.gif

Sheesh, now I'm living vicariously through new hire regional FO's!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well in that case, I should also inform you it's the new crew van strictly for our F/As age 24 and under.
wink.gif

You guys have it all wrong, only a few good new cars made today, the best the Silverado.

I wouldn't mind a new 3/4 ton Silverado 4x4 but that will have to wait a few years.

MY 81 Chevy pickup with 374,000 miles and my 84 Chevy with 165,000 miles will have to keep on trucking for a while.

Yeah japanese cars are better than American thats why my daily driver has almost 400k on it.

But for those of us that don't want to get 16 miles to the gallon then we need to get something else. GMC makes the best trucks in the world, but man I can't afford the gas to fill em up (a 100 mile commute is normal for me).

Cheers

John Herreshoff

16mpg ha ha ha, I only get 13mpg!

lol

It is a bummer but I'm a gearhead so I just consider it my "hobby"

I have a 97 m3.....i didn't check what the insurance would be before I bought it....$200/mo. Ouch. For the $800/mo it costs me to own that thing i could have an airplane..i had my priorities wrong. Oh well, got the nicest car at the flight school. Have to work my second job way way too much to afford it though.
Anyways, I love the car. My aunt has the X5 and she loves it. Go for it!!

All I have to say is buy American. Get yourself a nice Lincoln Aviator or a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Seriously, buying imported products is not the way to help the economy right itself, and being the wife of someone whose job is largely dependent on the state of the economy, I'd hope you'd see that. The airline industry'd turn around in a heartbeat if everybody started buying only American-made products.

G.M. All the way, and who said you have to get under the back seat to jump the Caddys and Bonnies? You don't have to there is jumper connect spot under the hood, and it connects it to the battery.

I love the Seville STS!!
photoExt1_med.jpg

photoExt4_med.jpg

photoInt2_med.jpg

Oh and the Pearl white (which costs $2000 more)
wink.gif

colorExt6_med.jpg

The Deville's "Cockpit" I like more.

Isn't Cessna trying this trend in some of their cockpits?

photoInt4_med.jpg

I had a 1999 Heep Grand Chrerokee. It was a complete lemon.
34k miles/2yrs and the following problems occured:
3 fuel pumps
transfer case replaced (still never worked correctly)
1 tranny (snap crackle pop, never worked well)
4 sets of brake pads.
rebuilt front suspension, not exactly trail tested.
paint problems
and finally (I'm not making this up) warped front rotors that required "turning" or replacement 9 TIMES!

On top of it all, Daimler Chrysler (God bless America, I mean Germany) stopped honoring its own 36k warranty. Rather than sign up for the numerous class-action lawsuits I just dumped it.

I think they worked a lot of the bugs out of that car in later years, but it is still a Chrysler design and is at the bottom of its class in reliability.

I bought a SAAB 900set. That was a fun car. If you've never driven one, you should try one out. We parted ways last summer and now I have a y2k Landcruiser. I miss the SAAB but the Landcruiser is an incredible vehicle.

[ QUOTE ]
All I have to say is buy American. Get yourself a nice Lincoln Aviator or a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Seriously, buying imported products is not the way to help the economy right itself, and being the wife of someone whose job is largely dependent on the state of the economy, I'd hope you'd see that. The airline industry'd turn around in a heartbeat if everybody started buying only American-made products.

[/ QUOTE ]

Goodness! The reason the airlines are hurting right now is because of a slow-down in the GLOBAL economy. Foriegn trade and commerce were one of the biggest factors in the development in the airlines as we now know them. Once again you know not what you speak of. Having a healthy economy depends on being EFFICIENT. Buying less-competitive products, foriegn or domestic, does not yield any sustainable benefit for an economy. Trade benefits all sides, my advice to turn this economy around in a heartbeat is to liberalize trade policy and stop protecting less-competitive industries.

FWIW Chrysler is owned by Daimler. Jeeps are built in Ohio. BMW is a german company and the X-5 is built in South Carolina. Is there a difference?

a little late on this reply, but my dad has a BMW 740i...

such a nice, smooth ride...seats are extremely comfortable, they are pretty fast (i dunno how many of us who fly 500mph would think 100mph on the highway is) , and best of all(not for me yet) the heated steering wheel!. I dont know much about 'em, but i would highly suggest 'em

im with mike on the truck issue...just newer
20030916-04_ram3500qc.jpg

Oh Hell yea...bring your beemers and feel the pain of a dually! haha
mad.gif
mad.gif

Late into this thread but i figured i'd chip in my 2 cents also. My sig is the ass end of my "new to me" BMW 325is...I LOVE IT <3 I've been driving a hunk of junk 88' Nissan Maxima, and although reliable...it was an eyesore and just so quirky...that happens with age. Often times people give me a bad attitude about having a nice car...this was only 6k!!! its a 95 with 100k miles on it, i got a great deal! I've had it for over a month, commute all around town, and back and forth between PHX area and LAX frequently, in comfort, class, and style....how cliche' does that sound lol. Anyways I'm really happy with it, all ive wanted is a dependable car...dreams can really come true ^_^

Nice car, great plate!

I'd snap a neck for a a low mileage 2002 metallic silver or black M3 coupe. Ahh!

[ QUOTE ]
Nice car, great plate!

I'd snap a neck for a a low mileage 2002 metallic silver or black M3 coupe. Ahh!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx alot!
laugh.gif

It's funny you should mention that, when I was looking for this little guy I found a few M3's...and I'll tell you the best deal I found if you can even call it that is something 90 or older with 150k+ miles for 10000 bucks!!! I'm sure you can find something better, but it would seem the value of those M3's holds very well! You may have to snap a few more than just one necks to get that one
wink.gif

Ask Khal, he should know that I shouldnt get started on this thread...hehe. I am a total nutcase when it comes to BMW's, and all I can say on the matter is that the X5 is a great vehicle, but it has some electrical problems. Make sure you get a CPO car. Had a E39 528, loved it, and will some day have an E39 M5.
Aside from M cars, the ride of a BMW is great. X5 4.6is is a little stiff, but other than that the X5 lineup and most other standard BMW's are gentle.
The X5 sucks offroad, as it has wide street tires and no transfer case, but very light offroad duty or snow duty it will do well. Just dont run the Rubicon with it.
Dont get the 3.0L, as the M54 is a little wheesy in the X5. Opt for the 4.4L M62 if you can.
The rig wont treat you wrong, and BMW's dont cost that much to maintain. Not to mention not too much breaks. My E39 had no out of warranty repairs, and new BMW's have free maintience to dispell the rumor that they are cost intensive. In the 80's that was slightly the case with mechanical lifters in the engine that needed to be adjusted, but current BMW's are not bad at all. My dad had 150K miles of smooth sailing in his E28 535, my mom had 100k of good times in the E34 525, and I had 45k of good times in my E39. Just odnt beat it apart, as an abused BMW becomes an expensive BMW. Treat it how you would treat your wife, and you will be fine for years.
Whoops, I said I wasnt going to get started...[/rant]

[ QUOTE ]
I got a 03 Subaru WRX.....YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! was that a vette in my rear view...oh no it wasnt it was a porsche...

[/ QUOTE ]
Rock on. That horizontal 4(It's a horizontal 4 right?) sure does put out a lot of go. Built after a rally car too, so you can toast that porche in the rain too.
wink.gif

As for my 2 cents, I'm not a big fan of beamer, but that's only because I don't like the attitude that goes along with them. Nothing against you beamer guys, just my experience. I've never actually gotten my hands on one, because if I did it would soon be followed by sirens and cops shouting "Get out of the car and lay face down with your hands on your head!"

It must be the hillbilly in me, but I'm a sucker for muscle cars. Or of course, the hillbilly rig of choice, a Chevy C-10, covered in brown lumpy paint with a gun rack. Much better than my chevy celebrity with chipped paint.
wink.gif

Edit: Speelin iz herd

[ QUOTE ]
300 series.....souped-up Honda Civics with a nicer interior.
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Not quite. Actually a VW Jetta with a funky hood ornament.
grin.gif

Back