Blood in the water!

Maximilian_Jenius

Super User
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/airbus-offers-long-range-version-013914664.html

REUTERS - Airbus Group NV said on Tuesday that it has begun offering airlines a long-range version of its A321neo jetliner, aimed at replacing Boeing Co's 757 jetliner, a long-range single-aisle jet that is no longer in production.

"The long-range version of the A321neo will be the ideal 757 replacement with true transatlantic range, 25 percent lower fuel burn and true long-range comfort," an Airbus representative told Reuters.

Is it just me or from a passenger perspective the worst possible trip was usually in a 320. Between the operator and the aircraft a long trip in a 320 was generally very uncomfortable.

You have a point. I've done a few legs on the 757 including LAX LIH and found it to be a much more comfortable aircraft. I guess the speed of the 75 goes by the way of the dollar.

You have a point. I've done a few legs on the 757 including LAX LIH and found it to be a much more comfortable aircraft. I guess the speed of the 75 goes by the way of the dollar.

The 757 and 320 series fly at the same speed (.78-.80).

The 320 series is actually a wider cabin than the 757 by a considerable margin! It is the widest narrowbody aircraft. I can drag my overnight bag down the isle of the 320 series in coach, but not on a 757. They are several inches narrower.

Is it just me or from a passenger perspective the worst possible trip was usually in a 320. Between the operator and the aircraft a long trip in a 320 was generally very uncomfortable.

I think you're in the minority. Most people find the Airbus narrow bodies more spacious than their Boeing equivalents. I know I do..

But does it have the performance the 757 does. There is a train that Delta isn't getting rid of all of theirs. There are a few places they take it that it's the only airplane that had the range AND performance for the mission. I'm not familiar with the -320's performance numbers.

Edit to add: Plus, screw you, the 757 is sexy.

Sounds good to me. I distinctly remember riding a DL 757-300 from LAX to HNL and thinking it was the least comfortable flight I had ever ridden; knees pressed against the seat in front of me the whole time. Granted, I am fairly tall (6' with long legs).

As a pax, OGG-LAX red eye on a 757 was miserable.

I fly in a 737 ALL the time. The 'bus has it beat when it comes to comfort every time.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/airbus-offers-long-range-version-013914664.html

REUTERS - Airbus Group NV said on Tuesday that it has begun offering airlines a long-range version of its A321neo jetliner, aimed at replacing Boeing Co's 757 jetliner, a long-range single-aisle jet that is no longer in production.

"The long-range version of the A321neo will be the ideal 757 replacement with true transatlantic range, 25 percent lower fuel burn and true long-range comfort," an Airbus representative told Reuters.
Shots fired!

No shade... but this new A321NEO has to have additional fuel tanks just to be able to do the job of the 757. 757, doesn't need additional fuel tanks to compete with itself!

Okay, maybe just a lil' shade.

Instead of giving the 321 NEO additional fuel tanks, why not just give it a better wing???

No shade... but this new A321NEO has to have additional fuel tanks just to be able to do the job of the 757. 757, doesn't need additional fuel tanks to compete with itself!

Okay, maybe just a lil' shade.

Instead of giving the 321 NEO additional fuel tanks, why not just give it a better wing???
Rumor has it, that the new 321NEOLR will have a larger wing. Theres some more blood in the water for you.

Back