Bitcoin/Ethereum/Litecoin

A bunch of redditors paid up for a small time nascar team sponsorship for Dogecoin
487845095.0.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
This is why the internet is awesome.

Set up a mining rig with four GTX1060 cards and some spare boards I had laying around. They are hashing at 90M/H. Added in my two GTX1070s in my gaming machine when I'm away for an additional 62M/H. At current prices it's mining around $300 month. Pulled power back to 60% and clocked memory up 600 so not huge power use at all

It's at $400 this morning :)

I remember the "successful" pilot at my office who trashed crypto currency in front of the whole office when it was at $130. I'll be sure to print out the price today and hang it on the wall :))))))
$250 today

You buying more?

$250 today

You buying more?

I threw a bunch of cash at Litecoin/ Etherium months ago. To date, I'm still up 50% of my investment. I did it for fun...and so far, it's paying off. Obviously time will tell; but even if I lose it all in the end, it was worth a shot.

$250 today

You buying more?
I'm interested in getting back in at the right price. I sold a while back. Made $25k in 30 days. I was up $50,000 but it came back down so I decided to sell and at least take some profit. Its been pretty wild though, I've been watching it lately.

bitcoin broke $6k yesterday #tothemoon #hodl

My concern is not the volatility, but the... lack of accountability.
To add fuel to my fire, many of the websites required to monitor bitcoin, are blocked from my location.

This all seems to good to be true.
There a ton of these articles out there:
https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/09/15/the-bitcoin-bubble-is-beginning-to-burst-on-wall-s.aspx

bitcoin bubble *on wall street

yeah, of course if someone creates a nonsense "first bitcoin capital" corp and says they deal in crypto development with no cash on hand, it's gonna fail
it's all a bunch of bankers doing their thing. prob the same folks that are pushing for 2x...

what lack of accountability is concerning? There are computers all over the world confirming transactions, there are no central servers holding anyone's money (unless you leave it in an exchange where you bought it, which is asking for a Mt Gox repeat)
I find it funny when people say that bitcoin is the currency of drug dealers and terrorists. Oh, really? And the US dollar wasn't for the past 150 years?

Cryptocurrency: the Iraqi dinar of 2017.
I get the point, everyone makes jokes about internet money (especially the aforementioned alt-coins that have their own respective issues). Anyone that shoves their life savings into cryptocurrencies expecting insane returns will find whatever risky, sky-is-the-limit vehicle that has insane volatility, be it internet money or triple leveraged etfs
unlike dinars, which have nothing to offer (I don't even understand what the logic was behind that kind of 'investment'), some of us get kind of excited by the possibilities of the blockchain and the potential the technology might have in the future

tl;dr: my inner nerd is aroused by the concept of decentralized currency, and the tech supporting it

Being interested in technology is one thing. Dumping actual money into a fake currency is another. Just the words you use above, "decentralized currency," should tell you all you need to know about how long the government is going to allow this stuff to last.

"If you're stupid enough to buy it, you'll pay the price for it one day." - Jamie Dimon

So while blockchain has real value and uses as a technology, it has nothing to do with the value of bitcoin. Bitcoin falling to $0 or rising to 10k tomorrow has no meaning to the technology.
I'm not sure if people are too stupid to realize this and think that bitcoin (as if it were a company) owns that tech or what. I just don't see where the value in it is. Unless the black market is really that strong and in need of usable currency. I mean, it has very real use there.

So while blockchain has real value and uses as a technology, it has nothing to do with the value of bitcoin. Bitcoin falling to $0 or rising to 10k tomorrow has no meaning to the technology.
I'm not sure if people are too stupid to realize this and think that bitcoin (as if it were a company) owns that tech or what. I just don't see where the value in it is. Unless the black market is really that strong and in need of usable currency. I mean, it has very real use there.

This! And the latter part is reason #235 that the government will soon put a stop to Bitcoin.

This! And the latter part is reason #235 that the government will soon put a stop to Bitcoin.
The genius of bitcoin is that's probably impossible.
It's real feature is that governments cannot regulate it. Outside the black market though, I'm not sure there is much need for that.

Back