Bird vs C172

Half a million for a slow as hell 70 year old design is absolutely ridiculous. It’s like remanufacturing the ‘49 Studebaker and adding the some led lights, a pep boys sat nav and fuel injection and selling it for $130k.
There’s a lot of people that want to buy them for tax write offs. 50% depreciation
I did that for a few years while expanding my fleet and it helped offset tax obligations

We recently had a pair of late-model G1000 Nxi 172s in our fleet on leaseback - one was sans A/P (it had been a special order from Cessna.) They flew a LOT - I'd heard secondhand that the owner was netting about $10K a month on them.

Ultimately, he and his accountant made a different decision and he opted to sell them.

More than $400K. Each. And there were multiple bids.
I bought this one off my mechanic 4 months ago for $20k. I've put about $40k into it. I listed it on controller last week and 4 buyers are offering above asking price. $139,995. Its absolutely insane. I still have to install the wheel pants, and paint the prop tomorrow.

I also listed a 172R for $195,000 I bought in April 2021 for $95k, it sold in 45 minutes. Its in escrow right now.

Hey so if anyone finds a C172 or DA40 I'll offer them a $1k referral fee. I partnered with a broker overseas thats looking for them.

Attachments

• IMG_0987.jpeg
    IMG_0987.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1735.jpg
    IMG_1735.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
I bought this one off my mechanic 4 months ago for $20k. I've put about $40k into it. I listed it on controller last week and 4 buyers are offering above asking price. $139,995. Its absolutely insane. I still have to install the wheel pants, and paint the prop tomorrow.

I also listed a 172R for $195,000 I bought in April 2021 for $95k, it sold in 45 minutes. Its in escrow right now.

Hey so if anyone finds a C172 or DA40 I'll offer them a $1k referral fee. I partnered with a broker overseas thats looking for them.
I'm free tomorrow if you want to help.

Back