Bird-Flipping AA Pilot Fined $13K

[ QUOTE ]
Or get a guy like Jose Padilla and have him get involved with the 'guest worker' program DC is proposing.

Man, the possibilities are scary.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got it, Doug! Even more scary is that Padilla is an American citizen. So if al Qaeda can find other American citizens like him -- and in a country pushing 300 million, I'm sure they can find a few -- then all the things like the fingerprinting/photographing system go right down the toilet.

[ QUOTE ]
I think this guy was chosen to be an example. I don't think his crime fits the punishment. In this case, it is a political statement to the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

John, I agree with you that the fine was excessive and it was imposed to make an example out of the guy. I completely agree that it was Brazil's way of flipping the United States the bird.

[ QUOTE ]
I completely agree that it was Brazil's way of flipping the United States the bird.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL "Tit for tat" I always say. Oh wait, that was a humor thread!

I agree with John on this. The fine is that big because it was in the news. AA rolled over like a beaten dog. Everyone forgets that Brazil made the rule to protest the USA doing it. Their government statement before the media smelled blood said as much.

So go ahead and flame me and call me all sorts of things but it seems like every time John posts you some of you just look for reasons to object.

Back