Big News?

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
So Dough (or Kristie) when are you going to share this big exciting NJC09 news? Or do we have to play detective and piece stuff together from facebook and Twitter?

We were able to get the executive hospitality suite for two nights for the price of one and we'll know sunday when we check in (rather than the 1600 the day of SMS blast-o-rama) where the event will be held.

Just a little 'back and forth' over the appropriate methodology that we're going to use to let everyone know.

Some folks have SMS.

Some folks don't have SMS but might have internet access.

Some won't have internet access OR SMS.

So I was thinking a combination of all the above plus Twitter and Facebook notifications so we can cover all of our bases.

>>> Wife Rejection!! <<<

So I got a little grouchy and did the customary "Well fine, what are your ideas then?!" and eventually went to bed.

the only idea i have besides basic SMS blast is a closed facebook fan page that will keep the location secure from anyone whose not JC and whose not on the attendance sheet.

does anyone else have ideas on how to keep it simple such that we can easily get everyone the room information without blasting it to the world?

we don't need a bunch of strangers showing up saying they're here for the party :p

If everyone gave you the SMS email addy for their carrier you could setup a distribution list in email to blast it out once, and only load the attendees in the list. njc09@jetcareers.com ???? :rawk:

Also, you do need to publish Seggy's SMS so we all have it this year for use.:D

the only idea i have besides basic SMS blast is a closed facebook fan page that will keep the location secure from anyone whose not JC and whose not on the attendance sheet.

does anyone else have ideas on how to keep it simple such that we can easily get everyone the room information without blasting it to the world?

we don't need a bunch of strangers showing up saying they're here for the party :p

Right. Just make sure I'm pointed in the direction of the partay when the time comes.....I damn near missed out on the 9FI a couple years back!

How about I walked all the ways down to the Mandalay Bay last year and couldn't find the party. I jump on the monorail and there's this group of guys talking about shooting an approach into IAH. So I figure, what are the chances right? I asked them if they were from JC. Sure enough. It was Gonzo, Captain Bob and someone else.

Back