Big NetworkJC News... BIG! BIG! BIG!

He came and spoke at our school back in the day...great speaker and a great guy all-around. Wish I could be there!

Where do I sign??? :D

It could be a virtual "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" kind of trip!!

fear%20and%20loathing%20in%20las%20vegas.jpg

FireBird (on left) and ready2fly (on right)

WooooooYEAH!!!

"Easy now! Don't go sideways on me!" :bandit:

I've used endless variations of the "flyswatter/bats" shtick.

"So there I was, surrounded by hordes of rabid hamsters with nothing to defend myself but a ping pong paddle and a copy of Richard Simmons' 'Sweatin to the Oldies 2"...

"So there I was, surrounded by a herd of angry jackalopes, with nothing to defend myself by my wits and the soap suds on my naked body."

The line is just so damned versatile.

Yeah, but the 9FI is still on Saturday night, right?????

Not too sure about that seeing as how the Big ShinDig is Tuesday. Sunday seems to be just as good a day seeing that the big party is until later vs. the (1st) day like last year and previous....

Not too sure about that seeing as how the Big ShinDig is Tuesday. Sunday seems to be just as good a day seeing that the big party is until later vs. the (1st) day like last year and previous....
Sunday is just fine with me. :bandit:

Oooh, yeah. Possibilites.

Say- are there 'partial' attendance setups possible? I may not be able to make the whole thing.. but some is better than none!
Partial setups? registration fee is the same whether you're there for one day or three...it's up to you as to when you can make it and/or what you want to take advantage of. we'll put itineraries and sign up sheets out closer to the event :)

I think if we set a price on the actual Al Haynes part of the event, that would probably be in violation of the agreement.

I think if we set a price on the actual Al Haynes part of the event, that would probably be in violation of the agreement.
Hasn't it always been, you pay you money and make what you can?:confused:

It doesn't seem like anyone is really confused (at least in the public forum)

yea, it has always been that way. but it's a legit question since it's never been asked before.

and remember, last year, the fees were only for the networking event since we weren't renting additional space. This time, the fees are for everything since we're renting 2 days worth of space/food/drink. so in essence, it's still the "you come to the functions you can".

Until we start getting REALLY large in our britches (like thousands large) and start using a event coordination team, we're not going to separate the charges between roundtables, networking event, guest speaker etc. I just don't have that kind of time and it'd be kinda weird to charge $5 here, $5 there etc.....Besides, i think doug's right in saying we can't (and won't) charge a "ticket" per see for the guest speaker because it might be in violation of the booking agreement.

This is awesome news. Can't wait to be there with all the great folks at NJC08.

My friend has always wanted to meet Capt. Al Haynes. I mentioned to him NJC in Oct and that Capt. Haynes will speaking at our function. I think he wants to attend as well. Thanks Doug and Kristie for all the effort you put into these events.

Al

Hello,
I have met Captain Al Haynes twice. Once while I was in the Navy he did a speech for a safety stand-down for COMNAVAIRPAC, and a certain number of people from each squadron at NAS North Island were selected to attend. Then about a year or so ago, I was waiting to jumpset to Roanoke, and who is standing beside me? Captain Haynes. He is a very humble and unassuming man, and he was very gracious. I sat in front of him on a TSA ERJ to Roanoke and he was kind enough to sign my trip log. JC is very fortunate to have him as a speaker. If you ever get the chance to read his 3-part account of the Souix City mishap in "Airline Pilot", I strongly urge you to read it. The articles were written in 1988 before he retired as a DC-10 Captain with UAL.

In my time at AMR I had many celebrities, actors, models and other public figures on my planes. Never once was I ever "starstruck". To me, being an actor or a model, or even a governor, just really isn't all that big a deal.

But put me in front of someone who's actually done something great, like Jim Lovell, Neil Armstrong, Al Shepard, or Al Haynes, and I'd probably be a stuttering wordless mess. :laff:

Pretty much sums up my feelings as well. I had Eva Longoria on my flight from SAT-LAX. FA's coming running up, OMG OMG it's her! Me:Who? Them: Eva! Me: Roll my eyes! If you wanna know the truth.... nah, I'll sound too mean if I say it.

Back