Better Paying Survey Companies Hiring for the Summer

I interviewed there 7 years ago, so I'm sure a lot has changed; however I didn't like the vibe. Chief Pilot at the time was really nice, and we'd talked on the phone; once there, I got a tour of the facility and was supposed to do a flight in one of their single-engine planes. Mechanic was finishing up some work on it and asked me what the PSI should be for the nose-gear. wtf? I said, I have no idea.. he said, "open the book and find out." I thought I was on a tour, not there to be quizzed. In the end, the dumb-ass couldn't fix the oil pressure gauge so the CP and I took one of the twins up for a flight.
Before all that, having been told it was "casual" lunch with the owner (?), I was told my jeans weren't acceptable and could I run down to Walmart and buy some slacks... which I did.. only to know full well the owner couldn't have cared less. He was wearing jeans. Lunch was nice and just a get-to-know you.
After the flight in the twin, CP and I chatted and he said the job was mine as long as I could relocated to STL, $33k/year.. he just had to run it past the owner..
Then 2 days later I got emails from them to take a "personality assessment test" .. I was done. I'm not doing those especially when there was no mention of them - major lack of communication and a general bad vibe is what I got.

I interviewed there 7 years ago, so I'm sure a lot has changed; however I didn't like the vibe. Chief Pilot at the time was really nice, and we'd talked on the phone; once there, I got a tour of the facility and was supposed to do a flight in one of their single-engine planes. Mechanic was finishing up some work on it and asked me what the PSI should be for the nose-gear. wtf? I said, I have no idea.. he said, "open the book and find out." I thought I was on a tour, not there to be quizzed. In the end, the dumb-ass couldn't fix the oil pressure gauge so the CP and I took one of the twins up for a flight.
Before all that, having been told it was "casual" lunch with the owner (?), I was told my jeans weren't acceptable and could I run down to Walmart and buy some slacks... which I did.. only to know full well the owner couldn't have cared less. He was wearing jeans. Lunch was nice and just a get-to-know you.
After the flight in the twin, CP and I chatted and he said the job was mine as long as I could relocated to STL, $33k/year.. he just had to run it past the owner..
Then 2 days later I got emails from them to take a "personality assessment test" .. I was done. I'm not doing those especially when there was no mention of them - major lack of communication and a general bad vibe is what I got.

Not much has change. The Current CP thinks he's Gods gift to aviation and only his way of doing things is the best way. I heard from other pilots and the stupidity of flight maneuvers he has asked to performed or checks for example making sure the landing gear is down on a C206! Most of the pilots at Surdex think he's a joke and kind of sad at his age the best he accomplish is CP at a survey company. If you are higher get ready for stories of his day at FedEx the only problem is that he worked at a feeder and not the real thing.

Back