Best Regional to Work For??

Wow! That's great! Some love for MCI. Thanks for the good news! :)

Sorry to break it to you, but that MCI base isn't going to last long. Once the Midwest butthole screwing deal actually goes down in flames along with whats left of Midwest, that MCI base will be gone.

The only bases that you can have some faith in being around for awhile, would be hub bases with codeshares. Like PHL, CLT or PHX with Airways...or something like that.

The best regional (or major...or LCC...or corporation... or charter company) is the one that hires you.

I agree with those who say you are handcuffing yourself by not moving from KC.

Since college I have made the following moves in pursuit of a career as a pilot (still managed to get married and start a family in the process):

1. Palm Coast, Florida (CFI, CFII, MEI)
2. Bristol, Tennessee (Ramp 66)
3. New Bern, North Carolina (Ramp 66)
4. Johnstown, Pennsylvania (Chautauqua)
5. Fort Wayne, Indiana (Chautauqua)
6. Atlanta, Georgia (AirTran)
7. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (US Airways)
8. Cincinnati, Ohio (Comair)
9. Northwest Arkansas

Johnstown!?! Oh dear.....I feel your pain

Sorry to break it to you, but that MCI base isn't going to last long. Once the Midwest butthole screwing deal actually goes down in flames along with whats left of Midwest, that MCI base will be gone.

The only bases that you can have some faith in being around for awhile, would be hub bases with codeshares. Like PHL, CLT or PHX with Airways...or something like that.

I don't know if this is necessarily true. Rumor has it that the base will increase in size from 48 pilots to 115 and there will be more Airways flying into and out of there. And as for solid bases with RAH look at where the biggest maintenance bases are. IND/CMH will be around forever.

Couldn't disagree with you more Dave...MCI is going to provide a ton of Airways flying and possibly some "west" flying in the future. CMH & IND aint going anywhere...possibly the only one I could see going away is PIT.

Honestly, I'd be worried about any flying that had "Midwest" on the side. They had a major financial deal with NWA, which is now owned by Delta. That leaves a big ole question mark on what's gonna happen with Midwest. Best case scenario, they get absorbed into Delta of Borg. Worst case.....they get closed down or sold off.

Ignore skydog. B6 is certainly not "the place to be." Ask any of the Ejet F/Os who are stuck.

Which pretty much makes my point for me. As I said, the question of which airline is "the best" is subjective and the answer is found in each individual's circumstances. Don't want to be "stuck" flying an Ejet out of New York? Then, as Velo pointed out, JetBlue (B6) is not for you. The "place to be" is the one that works best for your circumstances. Despite Velo's opinion on the matter, I'm sure there are a lot of people who would happily accept a job at JetBlue if it were offered.

any great lakes pilots out there that have a positive outlook on the airline?:whatever:

There is nothing positive about GLA. It's a fourth rate marginal operator that just barely survives, and then only because they cut corners on just about everything.

Which pretty much makes my point for me. As I said, the question of which airline is "the best" is subjective and the answer is found in each individual's circumstances. Don't want to be "stuck" flying an Ejet out of New York? Then, as Velo pointed out, JetBlue (B6) is not for you. The "place to be" is the one that works best for your circumstances. Despite Velo's opinion on the matter, I'm sure there are a lot of people who would happily accept a job at JetBlue if it were offered.
Hey, quit picking on NY! HeeHee!
Better I should be "stuck" in an EJet at JFK than sitting home furloughed from my CRJ at JFK.

With your time I would say Great Lakes is your best shot... You'll build lots of multi time and there is always turn over, so getting a line isn't all that tough. And when the industry does turn around you will be in a better position to go where you want to go. Check em out

Back