Best Multi-Engine commercial option

Chrish40

I am looking to see if anyone has had a good experience or a bad one that I should stay away from. I am returning to flying after being away for a while. I was a CFII and taught out of NY for American Flyers. I have a little over 650 hours. I would like to return to do some charter work part time. So any help on the best school or your own thoughts would be great.
Thank you

Too vague. We need more info about where you are and what your goals are.

Reading your post literally, you could be asking about airplanes or helicopters. :)

I am looking to see if anyone has had a good experience or a bad one that I should stay away from. I am returning to flying after being away for a while. I was a CFII and taught out of NY for American Flyers. I have a little over 650 hours. I would like to return to do some charter work part time. So any help on the best school or your own thoughts would be great.
Thank you

Action Multi in Groton, CT

I think things have really changed when its come to the availability of DPEs that you should take into consideration as it seems to be effecting so many places. While checking rates you might want to inquire about the DPE they use and contact the DPE directly to see what their availability is like unless you're doing it nearby your home and can afford to wait a bit.

Action Multi in Groton, I think they are booking out to July now but you cant beat it. I finished they have a DPE at the airport and they take care of everything for you.

The word best is subjective. Cost effective, time line, location near you, aircraft type. Do you want it cheap? Or near you so you don’t have to travel? Or do you want it done quickly ? Or in a glass cockpit or WSCOD?

By the way, good luck with being a part time pilot at a charter operator. You’ll have to satisfy the training requirements of the certificate holder and insurance company. Which means it costs the company money to hire you. They’ll want you to be full time to maximize their investment on training costs incurred to employ you.

Sent from my Startac using Tapatalk.

Water wings seaplane school just south of Birmingham. He has a twin Comanche. Great instructors and he can get it done over a long weekend.

Awhile ago now (2011), but Tom Brady in Traverse City, MI was quick, cheap, and easy. Not sure if he’s still out there.
He is indeed. I just talked with him a couple of days ago about MEI which isn't on his website, but he said he can do that too.

Last edited:
Back