Best Food...

John_Jones

Hey Guys,
My little brother (17) has to do some science fair project crapo to do (I alweays hated those in High School). Wanted me to ask you guys about it . No poll, just name two airlines that you think has the best 'economy' airline food from three continents I list below (I think thats what he said). Name two of the best food airlines from economy, for each of the following continents: Europe, Asia, North America (confusing I know he didnt write hs paper up well)...Thanks!

That is an oxymoron if I have ever heard one - airlines and good food is like an intellegent blondes, a pilot who does not drink - the list goes on!

[ QUOTE ]
That is an oxymoron if I have ever heard one - airlines and good food is like an intellegent blondes, a pilot who does not drink - the list goes on!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh, Mrs. Jetcareers is going to strangle you!
smile.gif
So much for "Oh, what a pleasant and charming man!"
smile.gif

I'm kidding and umm, psst.. I uh...agree! Keep that on the down-low!

[ QUOTE ]
a pilot who does not drink

[/ QUOTE ] So, should I tell you that we are Mormons? Or should I keep that to myself? LOL

I was commenting on the blonde thing, but I can't speak for everything else, although I do enjoy the smooth taste of a Dos Equis lager after a long day of working in the yard.

Geez, trust Iain to open a can of worms!!!

Doug - I have been in the back enough to determine none of it tastes good. Kristie eats that stuff? Especially after the trip to LGW in First?? And your BBQ's?? DAMN!!!

TheWife - It seems that most pilots are enthusiastic drinkers, however I am sure there is quite a number who would do not.

[ QUOTE ]
Oooh, Mrs. Jetcareers is going to strangle you! So much for "Oh, what a pleasant and charming man!"

I'm kidding and umm, psst.. I uh...agree! Keep that on the down-low!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I was commenting on the blonde thing

[/ QUOTE ]

What is it that you exactly agree on Doug???

I was just trying to use a stereotype to get my point accross.

Actually, here's our meals flying from CVG to FRA: (couldn't find LGW!)

First course: Lobster tail, crab and scallop. Focaccia bread and a salad:

DSCN0794_jpg.jpg

Main Course:

Braised lamb, and some sort of mixed rice:
DSCN0802_jpg.jpg

Cheese Course with wine:

DSCN0805_jpg.jpg

And of course, before arrival, brekkie!
smile.gif

DSCN0810_jpg.jpg

I think Kristie fell back to sleep again after it was served, I think. I betchya when she was a baby, she'd probably nod off in her high chair and wake up when her nose hit her cereal!
smile.gif

Awww, look at the pretty butter!

I wish I had any food experiences to share, but all I ever get are snacks.
frown.gif
Hoping there will be a meal on our non stop to FL or else I might get cranky!

[ QUOTE ]
Geez Doug really pushing you luck with the cheekiness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya mind tran'slattin' dat to 'merican there son?
smile.gif

When I flew BOS-LHR and then LHR-LAX in Business I can say the food was pretty tastey. We did not get quite as much as Doug showed - but it was not bad (especially as mine were complimentary upgrades).

The best thing was the sandwiches on my BA flight from LGW to JER. The flight was 35 minutes, it was 8 in the morning and they managed to serve a sandwich on it!! That was some work on such a quick flight!!

If any of you guys have a stay at SNA go to the Golden Truffle by Nike Town. I took my dad there this past Friday and it must be one of the best resturants in OC. Definately worth the trip!

Well in A'MA'RICA (especially the 909) you would say - YOUR REALLY PUSHING YOU LUCK WITH TALK LIKE THAT BUBBA!!

If you want to spend hours looking at inflight meals check outthis website...its true there is something for everyone on the net...

Airline Meals

Click on Browse all pictures to see a list of meals by airline...

If i remember correctly Alaska Airlines spent the most money on food per person. it was like 12 bucks a flight. I am sure you can find somewhere on the web that tells you how much each airline spends on food. Lately I have been flying United alot. They just serve sandwiches. ones you might find in a kinds lunchbox.

good luck
-brian

I flew Alaska down to Mexico First Class and the food was delicious!! I could believe the spend some ching chang on it - Alaska is a pretty good outfit IMHO!

In Asia, Thai, Signapore, and Cathay Pacific are supposed to have great service. I had a GREAT meal while flying coach on Air France. For America, unless your flying first class, all the food sucks!

"Good airline food" is like "military intelligence," or "fair and balanced reporting." It's something that doesn't exist, a total oxymoron.

I think the airlines should partner with low cost fast food restraunts. Immagine your next in flight meal of Carls' Jr. and a Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger!

Back