Best Food...

My last airline trip (5+ years ago)..

Let's see. USAirways.. Long flight. Not only meals, but a snack breakdown.

Food 1a: Assorted nuts and a coke. Yippee.

Food 1b:
Choice between grilled swordfish, Jamaican chicken, and something else of which I do not remember. I chose the chicken.... Dinner roll, salad, etc, etc. Coke. Ice cream sundae (well, icecream with fudge on it) for dessert.

I suppose that is the only "meal".

Food 2: Horizon Air (Horizon along with Alaska has excellent service). Very quick flight, but a coke and a bag of blue corn chips... Very welcoming at 11pm.

Food3: Horizon air (Same length flight) Cream cheese and chive crackers with, you guessed it, coke.

Food4: USAirways. The ol' Red eye flight. We got a 'snack': Choice of roast beef and chef salad; I chose the beef, I will never stop regretting this. Most disgusting! I woke up dieing of hunger with the gate right next to a McDonalds serving up breakfast. No more cash on hand (or so I thought, I later found a little over 2 dollars hidden away in my pocket).

Food4: USAirways. Nothing like something to wake up to. Blueberry muffin and, yep.. Another coke. I didn't drink coffee at the time, and to think of it, I still don't.

Well.. That was interesting. There were more assorted nut and coke times, but those aren't really important.

It was first class (or I would have said unidentifable poultry and hard boiled eggs), but I didn't pay for it, so don't look at me!

Dunno, I have a particular affinity for the SnackWells cookies on Southwest. Especially when you fly a trip with 2 stops and therefore get the things on 3 consecutive flights. And you simply gotta love the Party Mix on United.

smirk.gif

Sarah

ps not diggin' the blonde 'oxymoron', Iain...

American had some good food on my flight from Chicago to London. In fact it was better than any of London's food. I can't remember what all I had, too much on my mind tonight. They fed us at least 3 times both ways and came around 4 or 5 times with drinks. I waw impressed with their food service. (keep in mind this was my first international trip)

Re: Best Food...actually this is about your blonde comment

http://www.iswap.org/webgallery/pages/01group.htm

"That is an oxymoron if I have ever heard one - airlines and good food is like an intellegent blondes, a pilot who does not drink - the list goes on!'

Supposing this picture loads right, I would like you to make and observation. This photo is from the ISWAP (International Society of Women Airline Pilots) Please count the number of blondes in the photo. All of those women are pilots. Which I feel is a job that requires intelligence and aptitude. Therefore, these women are smart enough and skilled enough to get a job at the 'majors' so they must be some of the best. I do have one last thing to say. If you are going to crack on anyone, I would think you would double check your grammar and spelling. It is hard to be pompous when you make yourself look foolish. Reread your post and you will see.
mad.gif

From Doug: You can't use an image tag on an html page, it no workie!

If you want to talk about how small of a world aviation is, I recognized six different people in that photograph!

World is getting larger. I don't recognize a single one of them. Disappointing, because I flew with several women at Mesa and almost all of them went on to United or USAirways.

I guess they are furloughed now.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the airlines should partner with low cost fast food restraunts. Immagine your next in flight meal of Carls' Jr. and a Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger!

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever happened to their steak sandwich? I haven't seen it on the menu in forever. But the Double Wester Bacon Cheeseburger - mmmmmmm, drool, slobber... defibrillators

Now they are offering the western bacon "six dollar" burger. Oh man it's huge! Had one this weekend. I think it's a limited time deal, though.

[ QUOTE ]

Whatever happened to their steak sandwich? I haven't seen it on the menu in forever. But the Double Wester Bacon Cheeseburger - mmmmmmm, drool, slobber... defibrillators

[/ QUOTE ]

I spent a week in Mexico city after getting out of high school and the two things I had to have once I got back was a gigantic coke with extra ice (?!) and a western bacon cheeseburger.

Alright, well thanks guys, just found airlinresmeals.net (thanks for the link). These guys on airlinemeals.net need to get alife though (works for brother though)...

Back