Best Flight Bag?

Thanks man--it's made-to-order Italian leather from Nicoletti, a souvenir from the carefree days of the dot-com boom.
smirk.gif

Not in '96-early '00, it wasn't. And my home at the time, San Francisco (and environs) was pretty much THE place to be. I had a front row seat for the boom, and it was a great time.

Dot com stuff was great. In my case, lasted til near the end of 2002 (but hey, look at all the time now I have to fly!
smile.gif
) and the company is still going. They just decided it didn't make sense to keep an office open in one of the most expensive places in the country. I understand, Santa Cruz, is more expensive than podunk Utah, so I can't fault them for that.

I've still got enough $$ left from those days, that I've been living on since Sept 2002, nearly at commercial from 0 time, and enough to finish through CFII and cover living expenses for a couple more years, without even dipping into the stock investments I made in those days (which have done well enough I'm looking at spending $60k or so on buying a plane for myself).

Don't see any bomb in that, and in fact, a lot of the companies over in the valley are starting to hire and build up again. Just not in the insane numbers, and useless building of 5 years ago.

Josh

BTW, I use the Jepp bags that came with the books I bought. The small one and the larger captain one or whatever it is called. Small one for 99% of flying. Big one when I do ground work, need all the Jepp charts, FAR, etc, plus headsets, kneeboards, etc. so it rarely actually goes in the plane with me

I started out with a soft-sided breif case and used that up until two months ago, then I gave it to my wife to use for her new job and switched my flying crap over into an old fake leather duffle.

The strap on that broke last week and I've since transferred my aviation what-nots into an Old Navy backpack.

Whatever is cheap and works is the thing for me. Until I start making $$$ to fly - I'll stick with that.

Gotta admit though -that flight bag aloft has looks sweet.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm with aloft. The Sky High flight bag is the best flight bag EVER. I'll have mine at the fly-in if anyone wants to check it out. If it got in a fight with another bag...it'd win...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got one for sale at $60 if anyone's interested. It's about 6 months old and is in very good condition. Buyer pays actual shipping costs. PM me if interested. Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm with aloft. The Sky High flight bag is the best flight bag EVER. I'll have mine at the fly-in if anyone wants to check it out. If it got in a fight with another bag...it'd win...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got one for sale at $60 if anyone's interested. It's about 6 months old and is in very good condition. Buyer pays actual shipping costs. PM me if interested. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

SOLD!!

Back