Beautiful Airliners

Here's the one that made me want to be an airline pilot when I was a kid. I used to ride these to my Grandmother's house on UAL...

Attachments

• Caravelle.jpg
    Caravelle.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 114
I think the Caravelle had a FE. A friend flew it for UAL and I remember his mentioning something about a screwy electrical system...DC maybe ? Can't remember for sure.

This is still one of my favorites
1491515.jpg

And this one
1060000.jpg

And this one
1412127.jpg

Can't forget this one (I obviously have a thing for tri-jets)
1367755.jpg

For the more modern
1499718.jpg

This one will always have a special place in my heart
1497895.jpg

And for pure nostalgia
1180199.jpg

I love this bird...
1421521.jpg

And I can't forget this...
1503986.jpg

Another one... in a real paint job.
1458165.jpg

Maybe I just have a thing for old Douglas birds???

Sucks to see some of these older birds, which are likely the same ones I see on the ramp here daily. Many of the DC-10s here are AA and NW birds, and 3 TWA L-1011s remain at IGM.

Slowly wasting away.

Sucks to see some of these older birds, which are likely the same ones I see on the ramp here daily. Many of the DC-10s here are AA and NW birds, and 3 TWA L-1011s remain at IGM.

Slowly wasting away.

It kills me to see all the planes wasting away out West. I saw a deal on "How Do They Do It" a couple weeks ago about recycling old planes. They showed how a -141 is turned into very small bits of metal in a matter of hours. Very sad I have to say...

It kills me to see all the planes wasting away out West. I saw a deal on "How Do They Do It" a couple weeks ago about recycling old planes. They showed how a -141 is turned into very small bits of metal in a matter of hours. Very sad I have to say...

Yeah, the 141s here at DM didn't last long at all in storage, mainly because they took up too much space, so they were cut up quick. A few C-5A models in various states of parting-out there too. In the past few weeks, have seen a L-1011 and a 747SP get the axe here at Pinal, with a number of NW 747-200s waiting in line. Lots of 747-100/200/300s getting it.

Yeah, the 141s here at DM didn't last long at all in storage, mainly because they took up too much space, so they were cut up quick. A few C-5A models in various states of parting-out there too. In the past few weeks, have seen a L-1011 and a 747SP get the axe here at Pinal, with a number of NW 747-200s waiting in line. Lots of 747-100/200/300s getting it.

I understand the need to do it...it's just painful to watch. The SP is a cool looking jet BTW.

I understand the need to do it...it's just painful to watch. The SP is a cool looking jet BTW.

I never have my camera to snap a pic of it, but there's one that's at PHX every so often on the cargo ramp.......kind of a lavender/white color. Have to find a pic of it.

I completely agree on the DL paintjob...I tried best I could to recruit some higher ups to get a retro paintjob on one of their newly painted 767s or something. No luck...

This was the best paint scheme Delta ever had. They've ruined it ever since with each new paint scheme! IMHO.....;)

I totally agree. Incidentally, the airplane I have pictured, 728, is the same one that made up the ill-fated Flight 191 on August 2nd, 1985.

What the heck??? Nobody included the HOOTERS jet? I mean c'mon...Its a crime not to include that one!:rawk:

There are many good looking jets out there. The A330/340 (especially in the Blue US Airways and the Vietnam liveries), the 757, but the one that pays my bills is the one I have always found most attractive, grand and amazing. I never thought I'd have the privilege to fly one, and I'm quite grateful that I can do it while maintaining a good QoL and keeping a roof over my head.

L

&tbl=&photo_nr=8&sok=&sort=&prev_id=1031269&next_id=0400771

Back