Beautiful Airliners

3002803200_f1c8948f45_o.jpg

. . .the plane (the A321) is really just a fly more people plane. I *believe* the stretched fuselage is the only change to that aircraft.

The engine thrust output is the same as other A320 series aircraft, same wing (size).

As such the plane is a very, very slow climber. In aviation that is described as either a pig or dog. I'm told above FL20-240 it often steps climbs to burn off fuel to be able to climb higher.

I hear that you don't want to be behind an A321 in a climb.

I'm of course not a 121 pilot. But I do know a A321,19,21 Airways captain (west guy) who was the one who told me all this stuff awhile ago. might not have all the info correct but more or less I think that's what he said!

The 757 is far more an attractive looking plane than that of the 767. At least in my opinion.

YMMV!

It is.

This is absolute sacrilege, but the last "attractive" aircraft Boeing designed was the 757.

The 767 looks like a big fat 737 on steroids.

The 777 looks like a 767 with a funny tailcone.

The 787 looks like well, a 767 after all of the modifications.

. . .the plane (the A321) is really just a fly more people plane. I *believe* the stretched fuselage is the only change to that aircraft.

The engine thrust output is the same as other A320 series aircraft, same wing (size).

As such the plane is a very, very slow climber. In aviation that is described as either a pig or dog. I'm told above FL20-240 it often steps climbs to burn off fuel to be able to climb higher.

I'm of course not a 121 pilot. But I do know a A321,19,21 Airways captain (west guy) who was the one who told me all this stuff awhile ago. might not have all the info correct but more or less I think that's what he said!
a couple of months ago i was riding up front in one of those things and we didnt step climb but rather made it a 500fpm climb for about 4 minutes to get a little lighter. the step climb came at fl32. we only made it up to fl36 so we arent talking about long steps. the ca was not a fan of the stretch bus. he said the 19 and 20 were sized just right. either way it is a color coded airplane that does not require much thinking. one of the many reasons developing countries love them.

a couple of months ago i was riding up front in one of those things and we didnt step climb but rather made it a 500fpm climb for about 4 minutes to get a little lighter. the step climb came at fl32. we only made it up to fl36 so we arent talking about long steps. the ca was not a fan of the stretch bus. he said the 19 and 20 were sized just right. either way it is a color coded airplane that does not require much thinking. one of the many reasons developing countries love them.

Yea, the 19 is the screamer of the 320 series and has the most range. I *think* the 321 has the same MTOW as the 320. But carries more people and weights more. I'll have to ask Dave when I see him at pride in the this weekend! Lol, if that even comes up!

Anyway, she's definitely no 757! :)

Wow, thanks for the very in depth info, If someone asked this before, I would have said that the A321 had a better climb than that!:tmyk:

Back