backround check...

bippoptl

i searched for an existing thread but they were all closed...

question for the people who went through this already...

do they care much about your college transcripts if you have the required work? i had to leave my last school mid semester and didnt drop the classes so they gave me F's (this was a few years ago). just want to know if that will hurt me. thanks

Crap I just made a thread on this the same instant you did... they requested mine too. I'd say send em - the application doesn't require academics* in the first place, I think it's just to confirm you did indeed fill out your application info right.

*College, that is.

Crap I just made a thread on this the same instant you did... they requested mine too. I'd say send em - the application doesn't require academics* in the first place, I think it's just to confirm you did indeed fill out your application info right.

*College, that is.

yeah im definitely gonna send them, i just was wondering if any of the people from pubnat1, or any other announcement, have had the same problem and if the FAA had issues with it.

anyone know please post

I talked to my HR rep and she told me that I didn't have to submit them

why not?

And Sooner, I know you had to, but did anyone have any issues with them? Bad grades? Anything like that? I had perfect grades just one semester I had to stop and didn't do It the right way

I believe you only have to submit your transcript if you're using college as part of your work experience.

And bippoptl... really REALLY don't worry about that one semester. You basically have the job (unless something goes wrong with your medical, psych, security). If, for whatever reason, they ask you about it, you tell them... but I don't even see that happening... you have the job.

it does not apply to everyone. as others have mentioned, i think you only need to send them if the experience level is not solely met by years worked. since i don't have the work experience, i had to send my transcripts. i would still, however, send my transcripts even if i had enough work experience (more solid proof = the better i would think). i would expect one to have the ability to even one bad semester, but i don't think it would even come up.

well here is part of the email i got from my human resources girl at about 5:50pm est. it looks very general to me, and i dont think it specifically applies to me. i think its just part of everyone email....

In addition to the above form(s), please provide copies of the following
documents:

(NOTE: If you do not know what the form is, more than likely, you do not
have one to submit)

OFFICIAL COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE YOU RECEIVE YOUR FIRM
OFFER LETTER.

Official/Certified college transcripts from all colleges and universities -
unofficial copies are not acceptable -
MAIL TO: AVIATION CAREERS DIVISION, AMH-300, ATTN: Vicki Caves, PO BOX
25082, OKC, OK 73125
PLEASE CONTACT VICKI TO CONFIRM RECEIPT OF TRANSCRIPTS.

DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (member 4 copy
) **IF YOU ARE CLAIMING PRIOR MILITARY AND CLAIMING VETERANS PREFERENCE
POINTS, SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR DD214, MEMBER 4 COPY AT THIS TIME.

SF-15, Application for 10-point Veteran Preference and proof of
entitlement, if applicable

SF-50, Notification of Personnel Actions, if age waiver requirement
Official orders for terminal leave pending discharge from active duty, if
final DD-214 not yet received.

Copy of all Air Traffic Control Certifications or Facility Ratings
(legible)

Along the same lines... this is what I got back when I asked about transcripts...

You can fill them out on your computer, but you must sign the paperwork prior to it being returned here. Disregard the OF-306. You only need to worry about college transcripts if you were hired under the CTI program, which you weren't.

Thanks,
REP

Along the same lines... this is what I got back when I asked about transcripts...

You can fill them out on your computer, but you must sign the paperwork prior to it being returned here. Disregard the OF-306. You only need to worry about college transcripts if you were hired under the CTI program, which you weren't.

Thanks,
REP

so no transcripts for an OTS???

That's what I understand. It saves me some hassle, for sure. I emailed my old college a week ago and left a message and haven't heard back...it's for the best, for sure, if you don't have them "ready."

I'd check with your rep, to be safe, but I'd imagine the same rule would apply.

Thanks,
REP

nice, i tried to get a hold of my rep all day to no avail, i plan to keep trying tomorrow and see what she has to say. one less paper to have sent a get confirmed has to be a plus.

so no transcripts for an OTS???

Even if you're using college courses for the three years? That doesn't seem right to me. As odd as some of the FAA's decisions seem to be in the application process, I don't believe they'd only care to see that you took courses without any regard for the grades. All part of that demonstrating "increasing responsibility" thing.

I'm in the same boat as you, by the way. Did a full load, enough credits to graduate, but circumstances came up that prevented me from submitting one last paper. It went incomplete, but they failed to tenure that professor and he left before I could finish, so it converted to an automatic F. I'd like to finish up, of course, but I won't be able to before my (potential) employment at the FAA... despite my current job at a university, ha. Maybe I could arrange it so I was teaching a course and give myself a passing grade? Hmm.

I listed my education info leading towards my bachelor's degree and professional work experience (which did not add up to 3 years at the time) on the PUBNAT 1 application but no one ever asked me for the transcript...must be a new thing

I listed my education info leading towards my bachelor's degree and professional work experience (which did not add up to 3 years at the time) on the PUBNAT 1 application but no one ever asked me for the transcript...must be a new thing

well like i said, i think that part of the email was very general. the first part of the email was telling me to fill out the two forms attatched to it (the same ones that the original people got in their emails). its probably just a general thing, but if anyone talks to their HR rep let us know

ok, i just talked to my rep...here is how it goes......

if you got hired OTS and your job alone will gets you the job, then you dont have to send the transcripts of college. BUT, she said she will have to put you in the system as just a High School Graduate. so i dont know if that hurts your chances of being hired or not, but i wouldnt think so...

Also, i went to 3 different schools. my first school was a community college that i did great in and got my associates. i messed up on my 3rd school. she said that i can just send the first school and i will go in the system as having an associates degree.

Hope this helps...

Even if you're using college courses for the three years? That doesn't seem right to me. As odd as some of the FAA's decisions seem to be in the application process, I don't believe they'd only care to see that you took courses without any regard for the grades. All part of that demonstrating "increasing responsibility" thing.

I'm in the same boat as you, by the way. Did a full load, enough credits to graduate, but circumstances came up that prevented me from submitting one last paper. It went incomplete, but they failed to tenure that professor and he left before I could finish, so it converted to an automatic F. I'd like to finish up, of course, but I won't be able to before my (potential) employment at the FAA... despite my current job at a university, ha. Maybe I could arrange it so I was teaching a course and give myself a passing grade? Hmm.

I had six years of college courses, quite a full load (even taking college courses my senior year of HS) and I submitted that as such on my application. I didn't complete, either- less than 6 credits away. I, too, would like to go back, but have yet to do so. Situation is similar, but I was told my transcriipts were not required (see post above) unless I was applying as a CTI. That email's header looked like:
Re: Air Traffic Control Applicant

Friday, October 10, 2008 9:20 AM

"James.R****@faa.gov" James.R.Anderson@faa.gov

James is my HR rep and has been more than helpful/responsive when I've emailed him. I'm keeping a copy of that email, so that it doesn't' come up later, of course. Realistically though, I'm confident in his words.

I had six years of college courses, quite a full load (even taking college courses my senior year of HS) and I submitted that as such on my application. I didn't complete, either- less than 6 credits away. I, too, would like to go back, but have yet to do so. Situation is similar, but I was told my transcriipts were not required (see post above) unless I was applying as a CTI. That email's header looked like:
Re: Air Traffic Control Applicant

Friday, October 10, 2008 9:20 AM

"James.R****@faa.gov" James.R.Anderson@faa.gov

James is my HR rep and has been more than helpful/responsive when I've emailed him. I'm keeping a copy of that email, so that it doesn't' come up later, of course. Realistically though, I'm confident in his words.

Yo Lefty, James is my HR rep too. I trust your post.... But i gotta hear it from the horse's mouth if you know what I mean. I emailed and called and left him a voicemail regarding the college transcript matter yesterday. It sure as heck will save me a lot of trouble if I don't have to send them. Hopefully he gets back to me sooner rather than later. Good post man....Thanks

Yo Lefty, James is my HR rep too. I trust your post.... But i gotta hear it from the horse's mouth if you know what I mean. I emailed and called and left him a voicemail regarding the college transcript matter yesterday. It sure as heck will save me a lot of trouble if I don't have to send them. Hopefully he gets back to me sooner rather than later. Good post man....Thanks

my rep told me that the lower part of that email is very general and is part of everyone email regardless. if you needed the college to qualify for the job then yes, you have to send them, but if your work alone did it then you dont need to. You will just go in the system as only having a High School Diploma. i qualified on my job alone and never received a Bachalors degree, but i did get my associates so i sent away for those transcripts cause i figured it would help my application. maybe...but check for yourself anyway.

Back