B7E7 Dreamliner

IrishSheepdog

Sitting in the median
Anyone else kinda excited about the new B7E7 Dreamliner? I was watching CNN this morning and they had a small feature about it, and I found some pictures on the Boeing website:

R40ds.jpg

R40cs.jpg

R40fs.jpg

R40es.jpg

R39zs.jpg

Looks pretty cool! I can't wait to see the real thing...

Isn't it comparable in size to a 757?

I'm also very excited about the 7E7 aka Dreamliner (never liked that name).
cool.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Makes one wonder is this what those of us under 30, is this what we will be flying when we are hired by the majors.
Also, I heard on A.net that Boeing is planning to make a 7E7 varient that will replace the 737. This may just be rumor, but here's the thread in case anyone is interested. 7E7 Varient!

Re: Looks Ugly To Me

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who thinks it's ugly?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about ugly, but it does look a little...unusual.

I think if those features make it into airline service it will be hella cool. But like I posted in the other Dreamliner thread ... management wants seats. Lots and lots of seats. Not fancy ceilings.

I hope it makes it through like that but look at any pre-production mock-up and they were all ultra-hip for the time. But when they started rolling out of the factory it was seats not hip.
smirk.gif

Any one else notice that airplanes that look like that never seem to work? Like all those super sonic transports.

[ QUOTE ]
Any one else notice that airplanes that look like that never seem to work? Like all those super sonic transports.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look like what? Like the A330 or A340? Look like a sleeker B777?

Well, management can get all the seats they want and Boeing can still put that ceiling in there.

And are you SURE they want lots of seats? If all they wanted was lots of seats, they'd all be buying the A380.

Why have more empty seats that you can't fill at a profit?

I think it looks awesome, its different because its like lookin into the future, id chose the a380 tho if I had choice!

[ QUOTE ]
Well, management can get all the seats they want and Boeing can still put that ceiling in there.

And are you SURE they want lots of seats? If all they wanted was lots of seats, they'd all be buying the A380.

Why have more empty seats that you can't fill at a profit?

[/ QUOTE ]

It may not even be able to haul as many seats as you can put in it.

Those seats don't look very comfortable and I don't see a curtain walling off first class from cattle class. (Not just better food...a better life, ya know.
wink.gif
)

Well I am certain that the production model will have much more realistic seating in it. Youre right, they dont look too comfortable. And......Citationkid.....seriously, that is a gorgeous looking airplane. All sleek and pointy nosed. Probablly gonna cruise at .9 plus! Whats good looking to you? One of those "flying brick" slowtations? Naw man, bullet jets all the way!

I wouldn't mind the large windows; I hate when I get off a plane and my neck is killing me from trying to look outside.

Why can't airliners be built with Gulfstream like windows?

Anyone else ever noticed how the widows on the CRJs suck? They are horrible. For kids they might be perfect but anyone over 5'5" must leave with neck cramps!!
The ERJ windows are MUCH better!

Re: Looks Ugly To Me

Citationkid....the B-7E7 totally rocks. But to each there own. I love the very futuristic design of the aircraft.

It has a very different distinct look to it very cutting edge and is turning into a very,very attractive, sexy looking airplane.

While I will say that I'm not that happy that it's eventual production has caused the end of production of my favorite Boeing airplane the B-757. It does look like a worthy sucessor for the B-757/767.

As for the interior of the aircraft I was taken aback by the pictures Flychicaga posted. If the production model comes out with the prototype interior I think that it would definatly be different and perhaps maybe even revolutionary. And has a very romantic look and feel to the aircraft.

I'm 5'10 and simply consider it a felony to fall asleep ona airplane (unless your flying internationally). And like everyone else who isn't 8 yrs. old my neck always hurts from staring out the window endlessly for hours during the flight.

My hope for this aircraft is that it is a FBW and that Boeing is able to make good on all it's many promises concerning this airplane and more.

Matthew

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see a curtain walling off first class from cattle class.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they're allowed to do that anymore.

Back