Aviation Books

Aviation disasters? I got you.

Attachments

• 61wTaOg1-+L.jpg
    61wTaOg1-+L.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 58
Midway, it was an aviation disaster for Japan. Three aircraft carriers sunk.

George Gay has a book. He’s the guy floating in a life vest in the middle of the Japanese fleet while they were under attack.

Last edited:
I can't find my copy to this day, but there was a Flying Magazine compilation of "Aftermath" articles by Peter Garrison which was excellent. I was a kid when I read it, and I'm in my 40s, so good luck finding one, but he was extremely scientific in his approach, and it left an indelible mark on me and how I think about aviation appliance operation.

This guy writes extremely in depth articles about tons of accidents. Many I had never heard of before but they are very interesting.

Midway, it was an aviation disaster for Japan. Three aircraft carriers sunk.

George Gay has a book. He’s the guy floating in a life vest in the middle of the Japanese fleet while they were under attack.
Met him once on a "Take your grandson to work" day that I had with my Grandpa when I was 7 or 8. Fun day - George Gay was a TWA Capt and friend of my grandpa. It was in the ops/dispatch area underneath the KMCI terminal back when TWA was based there in the 70's. Good times.

Try to find "The Electra Story" by Robert Serling (yes, Rod Serling of Twilight Zone fame brother). Excellent story of the Electra breakups.

Met him once on a "Take your grandson to work" day that I had with my Grandpa when I was 7 or 8. Fun day - George Gay was a TWA Capt and friend of my grandpa. It was in the ops/dispatch area underneath the KMCI terminal back when TWA was based there in the 70's. Good times.
That's very cool.

Back