Average Age

aloft

I'm curious about the average age of students in the career pilot program is, and, by extension, of ATP's instructors. Are most thirtysomething career changers?

Well, Socal's.. 50-something. (He's had plastic surgery done.)

On a more serious note; He's 30-something, I'm 30, there are a few other around this age, but mostly it's people in their mid twenties.

Cheers,
Helge

I'am also 24 and will be starting ATP within the year. My questions is this: Does it make sense to go through ATP's PPL program? I know they offer the PPL at a low rate along with the main accelerated program but what is the advantage/disadvantage? I am a beginner pilot but feel like this FBO pace is way to slow for me. I will be looking at the Manassas, VA ATP.

You need the PPL b/c you'll want to know going in that this is definitely what you want to do with your life. I have a friend teaching at Spartan and the drop-out rate is high b/c people just go in thinking flying is a cool career but don't understand or care to explore how much dedication and hard work is required to actually reach your goal. However a downside to getting your PPL before going is that you need to start off with good habits like always checking checklists and not developing bad habits. Just my thought.

Steve

Back