ATR 72 Crash in Brazil

Crj behind 330 is still 5 miles with recat/cwt. That one didn’t change. But behind a 76 it’s only 3.5 now instead of 5.

I get a lot of “what are we following?” when behind a 737-900. Something about them produces an inordinate amount of wake.
I’ve been prepared to ask NY approach for forgiveness instead of permission several times after getting rocked following freighters while not being allowed to slow below 250.

I'm not that smart a guy, but the way I read that is that they had an ice protection fault, then flew around in ice for 30+ minutes before the thing quit flying.

As a typed ATR pilot, I would say to that ":oops:"

Yeah but before killing everyone with their complete lack of SA the captain made a really great PA about the weather at the destination airport and the first officer called ops about their on time arrival.

Yeah but before killing everyone with their complete lack of SA the captain made a really great PA about the weather at the destination airport and the first officer called ops about their on time arrival.

He was probably preparing to call ops the instant they got off onto a taxiway.......and throw the APU as well

“On the RJ” was a thing too. I started carrying a plastic green banana for former QX CRj/space shuttle captains
The avionics were a surprising bright spot on that airframe. The King Air Dad and I flew, later, had basically that avionics set and autopilot plus VNAV that worked shockingly well. (And LPV, too.)

I'm not that smart a guy, but the way I read that is that they had an ice protection fault, then flew around in ice for 30+ minutes before the thing quit flying.
I've never flown the ATR but the big turboprop experience I have all says "even when the anti-icing system is working you should be trying to get OUT of the ice."

Also I meme'd myself before anyone else could, etc.
IMG_2939.JPG

I've caught myself slippin a few times like "on the Bus" or band camp or airline with fun animals on the tail And I hate being that guy. Nobody likes that guy.

Still better than "at Endeavour" because at least I speak "big plane," not merely low rent 50 seater drivel.

I've caught myself slippin a few times like "on the Bus" or band camp or airline with fun animals on the tail And I hate being that guy. Nobody likes that guy.

Still better than "at Endeavour" because at least I speak "big plane," not merely low rent 50 seater drivel.

Meh. You’re not He-Man or She-Ra unless you can say “back on the 72 panel at TWA”.

Anything else, you’re just a wanna-be.

Back