ATP????

Hey junior, no I haven't started flight training yet, I'm just really seriously thinking about it. I don't go to Metro State (I'm just about to graduate from CU) but I've read a lot about their aviation program and it looks pretty good.

Do you train out of the boulder airport or somewhere else?

aceflyley:
I fly out of Jeffco. I'm training with Mcair Aviation. They have a great program I can't say enough about it. www.mcairaviation.com
I highly recommend doing your training here, I would say that they have the best program in colorado and by far the largest fleet of aircraft (over 26+) most planes are factory new. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to get all my ratings here. They just got a brand new Seminole so I think after I get my PPL I will get all my ratings in the Seminole for the ME time. Good luck with your training.

I had to start thinking about Jetcareers as a business and formed an LLC or "limited liability company"

Primarily because it's extraordinarily expensive maintaining a website with the traffic that it's grown to. In the earlier days back in 1996, I got away with using my 3Mb of webspace as part of my mindspring account.

Then I went to a small shared hosting plan in 2000. Had to upgrade it later that year. Upgraded again in 2001 because of growth, and then had to upgrade it again in 2002.

Traffic took off again in 2003 so I had to upgrade my service to the highest/most reliable plan, but it couldn't keep up with bandwidth so it was either get kicked off the server or lease a managed, dedicated server.

Not too cheap, but considering the fact that I was paying pretty big hosting fees on top of $80 to $150 in monthly bandwidth overages on a regular basis, I needed the bandwidth and capacity of a dedicated server.

So the banner advertising, consistent with the 'morals' of the website, have worked well in helping cover the costs of the website. Whew!

To my users, thank you thank you thank you!

To my sponsers, thank you thank you thank you!

Hey junior,

I've been to McAir's web site many times, and they do look like a top notch place! But I haven't been able to find any prices, would you mind filling me in on those? You can PM me if you want, thanks...

Hey guys, Im training at McAir also right now and like it alot. I also graduated from CU last may and have spent the last year saving up so I could get my private before I broke down and got the big loan out for the rest of my ratings.

I am at the lesson where I am supposed to get a checkride and then solo but I cant seem to get my landings consistant, actually thats not true, they all SUCK! Hopefully I can get my stuff together here and get the landings down so I can solo and move on.

Oh as far as prices go, bank on $160 a lesson which gives you about 1.5 hrs in an old 172 which they have 3 of. If you fly in a new 172 look to pay about $180 a lesson for the 1.5hrs. That is about what I seem to pay each time im in there.

Tim Samples

Paul_Gray & Timbuff:
Paul: Tim is right about the prices. It's $93h wet, for a factory new 172s. $74h wet for a 172n model which they have 3 of. C150's go for $52. etc.. they have a factory new arrow and seminole. and a handful of cessna 180's etc.. Instructors are $35h.

I currently have 39 hours and am about 5 hours away from my PPL checkride. So far I've spent about $6000, so I'm looking to finish between $6000 and $7000. That should give you an estimate. It's a little pricy but worth every penny. It all depends on you. everybody is different.

Tim: don't worry about those landings you will get them down. By the way, who is your instructor? I fly with Feike Mooiman, hes a great instructor, I like to do my checkrides with Chad cown because he is just the greatest guy to have up there with you. well good luck fellas.
Junior

$93/hr wet for a factory new 172 is a DEAL...
shocked.gif
We have two here in Fort Collins and have to pay $105/hr for them.

Well then try this on for sized boys (and girls)!!!

My FBO just got a brand- spankin' new C172SP with all the trimmings and it rents for .......drum roll please.......$98/hr.... SOAKIN' WET!!!
grin.gif

Back