ATP written prep for iDevice.

Roger Roger

Bottom of the list
Who has used an ATP written prep app, which one did you use, and would you recommend it?
Getting close to the magic numbers (need 50 more long x-c hours) and hoping to do my ride somewhere warm and sunny this winter, but I figure I should knock out the written soon. I have a study guide but it's probably 5 years old and I'm under the impression the FAA has been changing stuff recently.
Edit to add: suggestions on a place (preferably warm and sunny that Alaska Airlines flies to) to do the training and the ride are also welcome.

Aviation Exam S.R.O. has a subscription based app. ASA has an app for 9.99. Lastly Dauntless has an ATP for 34.99.

I used the ASA app for when I was away from my computer. Sheppard Air is light years beyond better than anything for iOS.

I've heard great things about Sheppard, but when I was studying for the ATP they didn't support iOS. I ended up going with dauntless and was happy with the product and the results. I don't think it was any more than $40.

Another for Sheppard. I would find a PC to use or download it to your OSX machine, it is that good.

I bought "Prepware ATP" by ASA for my ipad. I didn't have too high of expectations, as I would mostly be relying on my Gleim book and software, but for $9.99 it seemed worth a chance. Looking back I hardly used it at all. I simply disliked the ipad interface for studying- for me the book is most effective. If I knew what I know now I would not have bought the App.

Sheppard support says they expect to have an "app" version in a couple months. That was last week via phone with them.

+1 for Sheppard Air. I used them in May and they were great. The program design was a bit dated but functional. They do update the questions quite regularly and the program automatically updates when you open it.

I bought Sheppard Air, studied for a few days here and there, and got a 93%. Worth every penny and more.

We'll see how long it takes them to develop the iOS app...probably I'll just download it on the pilot room computer and study during breaks/weather hold. Does buying it once allow you to use it on multiple machines?

Sheppard Air X25, They will only let you use it on one computer. They are masters of exam prep!!

Roger,
You can take the exam at UAS. Do the 135 written. Memorize the weight and balance questions.
Go to San Diego. I recommend Grey Eagle out of CRQ (Carlsbad). They had the best rates for a twin in the area, plus the dudes running the show are good fellows.

I'm not sure you've already purchased the software, but I recommend Shepard as well.

Back