Atp tampa location!!

There will be so many f(&^ed up patterns for guys at PIE. I can never get a good day of solid pattern work at PIE. It seems like every other lap is 'extend your downwind' or 'left/right 360'. It will be interesting to see what happens if ATP does go to PIE.

There will be so many f(&^ed up patterns for guys at PIE. I can never get a good day of solid pattern work at PIE. It seems like every other lap is 'extend your downwind' or 'left/right 360'. It will be interesting to see what happens if ATP does go to PIE.

Back when my club was searching for a replacement a/c, I went up in CAMS Warrior to stay current. The checkout ended up being a replication of the checkride - and after 1.2 hours in the air (at way to much $$$ per hour) I get back to the field only to have CT have me make 4 360s in a row SE of the field. By the end, that amounted to about $20 in circling. I wouldn't do another check out with them again - I'd prefer to go to mom and pop flight school where they can determine whether or not you can fly in about 20-minutes.

PIE is not a bad airport if you want IFR training, and you just have to know the hours to do pattern work. Check the airline scheds out of PIE and work around that ! I called ATP and they wont spill a work about the new location! ATP would be good at KPIE, but I dont know where they would be based on field. Also, they would be stuck paying Signatures outrageouse prices and probably get stuck with a lease from Signature too. That would suck! My guess was Vandenberg!

PIE is not a bad airport if you want IFR training, and you just have to know the hours to do pattern work. Check the airline scheds out of PIE and work around that ! I called ATP and they wont spill a work about the new location! ATP would be good at KPIE, but I dont know where they would be based on field. Also, they would be stuck paying Signatures outrageouse prices and probably get stuck with a lease from Signature too. That would suck! My guess was Vandenberg!

Yeah I was guessing VDF too - do they only have schools at towered fields? Hell, Whitted would be a great choice if that were the case.

I have received an email from ATP saying that the Tampa location is confirmed at KPIE. There. Done. Maybe. Even at night my patterns still get askewed by tower. It sucks when your trying to get the night requirements for a German student who wants to remove the night restriction on his FAA cert.:banghead:

Back