Shane Cassell

I'm looking to prepare for the Multi-Engine ATP Practical and hoping to take the check ride sometime in late June or July. I have passed the written and just need the test prep. I'm in the Northwest Indiana/Chicagoland area and am willing to drive a little to get to a place that will provide. ATP discontinued their Practical Test prep and American Flyers said I had to go to Addison, TX and I'm not really interested in doing that if I don't have to. I know a good answer is a regional airline, but I like my current job and am not wanting to go to the airlines anytime soon, if at all, just to get an ATP certificate. Does anyone know of any good schools or FBO's in the area that could provide the necessary preparation?

Can't you pay out of pocket at Flight Safety or something? I'm pretty sure that's what the airlines do.

I did CFI training at AF in Addison and their ground schools were great and very very informative...if that's the route you choose I'd assume the same for their ATP course.

Our flight school has been doing quite a few ATP checkrides in the past few months. If your instrument and multi engine current, it shouldnt be that hard to knock it out in a few days.

Hi everyone! I grandfathered myself taking the ATP written before July 31st 2014 and unfortunately I'm falling short 250 hours by the end of this month. Does anyone know what my options are? Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone! I grandfathered myself taking the ATP written before July 31st 2014 and unfortunately I'm falling short 250 hours by the end of this month. Does anyone know what my options are? Thanks in advance!
That's brutal...unfortunately I think your only option at the end of this month is funding your own ATP-CTP course...which is anywhere from $5-7000 from what I've seen.

Honestly, I'd say just find any local twin and a good DPE to do it with. The ATP was by far the easiest checkride I have ever taken. Although I will recommend Jeff Air Pilot Services in Greenwood. Good people.

Taking the ATP-CTP is your only option. If you don't have the hours...you dont have the hours.

I'm looking to prepare for the Multi-Engine ATP Practical and hoping to take the check ride sometime in late June or July. I have passed the written and just need the test prep. I'm in the Northwest Indiana/Chicagoland area and am willing to drive a little to get to a place that will provide. ATP discontinued their Practical Test prep and American Flyers said I had to go to Addison, TX and I'm not really interested in doing that if I don't have to. I know a good answer is a regional airline, but I like my current job and am not wanting to go to the airlines anytime soon, if at all, just to get an ATP certificate. Does anyone know of any good schools or FBO's in the area that could provide the necessary preparation?
Just saw this thread. Did you ever find a solution?

Honestly, I'd say just find any local twin and a good DPE to do it with. The ATP was by far the easiest checkride I have ever taken. Although I will recommend Jeff Air Pilot Services in Greenwood. Good people.
Won't be able to do that unless he comes up with 250 by the end of the month. He'll need to do the CTP program with a full sim.

Back