ATP lowered their prices.

stillageek

Looks like ATP lowered their prices. The 90 day fast track went from $57,995 to $54,995. The bigger drop is the private pilot + career pilot program that went from $67990 to $59995. Both are still way more than I paid...but less than guys at ATP are currently paying.

Looks like ATP lowered their prices. The 90 day fast track went from $57,995 to $54,995. The bigger drop is the private pilot + career pilot program that went from $67990 to $59995. Both are still way more than I paid...but less than guys at ATP are currently paying.

The reason for the drop is because they are not including the regional jet course in the price anymore. Most people weren't doing it anymore anyway and requesting refunds, so they simply dropped it from the program.

8k for ppl-mei is b/c the jet course? I think not. Perhaps its due to a lack of students signing up and a lack of financial groups giving money away for an unsecured loan?

Straight from their website:

Effective for Programs Starting on or after January 1, 2009
Airline Career Pilot Program Price Reduced by $2,500 to $54,995
25 Hours of Multi-Engine Replaced with 25 Hours of Single-Engine
ATP is reducing the price of the Airline Career Pilot Program by $2,500 to $54,995. By staging more single-engine aircraft at more flight training centers starting in January and February of 2009, ATP is able to replace 25 hours of multi-engine crew cross-country with 25 hours of single-engine crew cross country.
ATP designs its training programs to always serve your best interest. During this phase of the economic cycle, ATP is looking for ways to reduce your cost and still meet your career training objectives.
Even with this change, ATP’s Airline Career Pilot Program includes over 100 hours of multi-engine experience. That’s more multi-engine time than any other commercial pilot training program. 100 Hours of multi-engine pilot-in-command time meets regional airline hiring minimums and gets you past the threshold required by insurance companies for the best job opportunities.
ATP has 24 years of experience training professional pilots in the cyclical airline industry. ATP remains focused on providing the best qualifications for the money, ensuring the ultimate success of all graduates. ATP students get real industry-valued qualifications such as multi-engine experience, true nationwide cross-country experience, Certified Flight Instructor certificates, multi-engine flight instructor jobs, and—at the right time—professional airline-level training in the Regional Jet Standards Certification Program. The highly-structured, multi-engine training you receive at ATP will set you apart from your peers in the competitive airline and corporate pilot job market.

Wow... it says it's due to decreased fuel prices... and they are offering a fuel rebate to existing program folks.

Soooo... what about all those folks who said the big flight schools wouldn't lower their prices when fuel drops back down? ;)

Seriously though... it's nice to see it at a more approachable price point again.

Bob

Wow... it says it's due to decreased fuel prices... and they are offering a fuel rebate to existing program folks.

Soooo... what about all those folks who said the big flight schools wouldn't lower their prices when fuel drops back down? ;)

Seriously though... it's nice to see it at a more approachable price point again.

Bob

It's still difficult to get a loan approval though. Even with great credit and well-qualified cosigners.

That's true... I've heard of banks not even loaning $4k-$10k for a friggin PPL with good credit. But, banks have tightened up all around. It's not just a flight school issue.

I was just told that all the instructors at the ral location where laid off. Anyone know if there is any truth to it? If so, are they closing that location or was it for other reasons.

And don't quote me on this. I am only checking bc its hearsay right now.

I was just told that all the instructors at the ral location where laid off. Anyone know if there is any truth to it? If so, are they closing that location or was it for other reasons.

And don't quote me on this. I am only checking bc its hearsay right now.

RAL is still open but the instructors who were there are gone. They replaced them with a couple of guys from JAX.

LoadMaster -- I hope you don't actually believe what Derrick said. They won't make any more changes until they need to. If the economy doesn't turn around quickly and our student numbers continue to decline, they will definitely make more staffing changes. C'mon, quit drinking the damn ATP kool-aid.

Hey I'll take anyone at their word until proven otherwise.
Sure I could understand that if it gets even worse, there may be more cuts.
Our schedule for January is looking pretty busy so I am not overly concerned.

I would also attribute to the reduction in the FAA's requirement of the X-country PIC time for IR. And there is a significant reduction in the ME time. It makes sense with hiring frozen at the RJ's there is no need for one to have as much multi time.

I would also attribute to the reduction in the FAA's requirement of the X-country PIC time for IR. And there is a significant reduction in the ME time. It makes sense with hiring frozen at the RJ's there is no need for one to have as much multi time.

I missed this... What is the new requirement or when does it go into effect?

I missed this... What is the new requirement or when does it go into effect?

I would also like to know about this.

Yeah. Thirding this. What reduction?

I know that they recently changed the Instrument PTS. We currently have the new ones on order but haven't received them yet. Hopefully the changes will be in there.

Back