Atlas Air - pilots

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Flight Crew Recruitment

Resume Acceptance Window Open 8/13/12

Atlas Air is now accepting resume for open First Officer positions. Applicants must meet the minimum requirements below to be considered for employment. Resumes can be emailed to the Company via the crew jobs link below. Resumes should be titled by your Last Name, First Name. In addition to your resume you are required to complete the Pilot Applicant Questionnaire (PAQ).

Minimum Requirements

2000 hours of total time
500 hours turbine
FAA Multi-Engine Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
Current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate
FCC Radio License
Legally authorized to work in the United States
No restrictions on international travel
Current Passport
Ability to pass a 10-year security background check and a pre-employment drug test

Apply Here! Crew.Jobs@Atlasair.com

Pilot Applicant Questionnaire (PAQ) (Can we make a link to the Attachment?)

Atlas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Atlas to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, or disability, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.

Sent from my TRS-80

My understanding is that the pool is drained. They are looking at interviews toward the end of the month for class dates early as Sept.

It says the min guarantee is 62 hours. How much does a typical month look like for anyone that might be at Atlas?

Where did you get the PAQ from?

My friend said they would email the PAQ to fill out after receiving your resume.

I sent in my stuff this morning and walked out the door for work. I just got to my layover and checked my email. The email I sent was bounced back as undelivered. Would they shut down the window that quickly???

I don't think the "system" is quite open yet. It looks like they are slowly gearing up. I would wait until you can download the PAQ and then submit.

After looking at the PAQ, me thinks it'll be a while before I'll be competitive for this gig :(

I got the PAQ now, but it still seems that Crew.Jobs@Atlasair.com bounces. Take the period from between "crew" and "jobs" in the email address and it doesn't bounce back, but I'm not sure if they actually receive it!

I got the PAQ now, but it still seems that Crew.Jobs@Atlasair.com bounces. Take the period from between "crew" and "jobs" in the email address and it doesn't bounce back, but I'm not sure if they actually receive it!

I'm glad my original bounced back. I would have been trashed right away. My friend said he applied a few years ago and they'd send the PAQ. I guess that has changed.

The PAQ has the correct email address like you stated above. I'm finally in for this one. I hope I have a shot.

Best of luck to all!

Same boat here. One day our cargo experience will be worth something.

Me too. Didn't meet either of the 'Simulator' requirements or the 1500 Pt135. Ho hum, I figure it's not a bad idea to get a resume now and then update every 3 to 6 months.

Good luck to everyone who applies

Me too. Didn't meet either of the 'Simulator' requirements or the 1500 Pt135. Ho hum, I figure it's not a bad idea to get a resume now and then update every 3 to 6 months.

Good luck to everyone who applies

I wonder if the Simulator Requirements are hard requirements. If they are you would think that they would put it in the Minimum Requirements section. They are very specific that you can use either turboprop or jet time to meet the 500 hour minimum, and then list a 2,500 jet time minimum in Simulator Requirements.

I wonder if the Simulator Requirements are hard requirements. If they are you would think that they would put it in the Minimum Requirements section. They are very specific that you can use either turboprop or jet time to meet the 500 hour minimum, and then list a 2,500 jet time minimum in Simulator Requirements.

My guess is that you'd probably have to have a couple of good internal recs to get hired with just the 2000 total/500 turbine.

I was wondering if the sim training requirements vary depending on ones experience, as in if you could check yes to both boxes, then maybe they could put you through a short(er) course.

This confused me as well.

Back