Atlas Air - pilots

The sim requirements merely reflect a matrix in the fsims 8900 addressing initial tye ratings and the level of device required.

As to the "cargo experience" statement/question: Other than the "administrative differences", we have not changed operational procedures when we got the pax jets. Make no mistake, we are a 121 operation. We just happen to have more jets with boxes than SLF. A bigger plus for us is jet time and PIC. Just FYI.

The sim requirements merely reflect a matrix in the fsims 8900 addressing initial tye ratings and the level of device required.

As to the "cargo experience" statement/question: Other than the "administrative differences", we have not changed operational procedures when we got the pax jets. Make no mistake, we are a 121 operation. We just happen to have more jets with boxes than SLF. A bigger plus for us is jet time and PIC. Just FYI.

Thank you for the clarification, Polar!

PIC. I know a guy who has lots of Pison twin PIC, RJ SIC and was hired.

I know another person who had only turboprop time (no jet time) as a civillian, and got called last time before the spigot got turned off.

That being said, you have to know there are lots of World, Astar, Comair and ABX pilots on the street. 3 of those groups have guys with widebody & int'l time. Pretty competitive group.

Not saying 121 tprop guys aren't any good. Quite the contrary, but I don't run HR. I know they are going to job fairs. Face-to-face at job fairs gives the screeners at least a first impression beyond what your times/certs do. That goes a long way here.

Also, most everyone hired knows someone here. Probably a coincidence.:tinfoil:

I cant view the correct PAQ. When I open it just shows the fancy back ground design with circles and squares, no letters or words to be found. Anyone else?
I dont know if it matters but I am using a mac

I cant view the correct PAQ. When I open it just shows the fancy back ground design with circles and squares, no letters or words to be found. Anyone else?
I dont know if it matters but I am using a mac
Im using a mac too and got the same techno color with no text

If you want to talk to the Atlas HR recruiter directly they are attending our next event. She wants the word to be put out since it is short notice for many.

Atlas Air will be attending the Aero Crew Solutions pilot job fair in Chicago on Saturday September 8th. www.aerocrewsolutions.com/pilot-job-fair/

Minimums of 2000 TT, 500 hours of turbine, FAA Multi-Engine ATP Certificate, current First Class Medical, FCC Radio License, legally authorized to work in the US, no restrictions on international travel, Current passport, ability to pass a 10 year security background check and a pre-employment drug test.

Please have an online application filled out.
For more information please visit www.atlasair.com/aa/careers.asp

Minimums of 2000 TT, 500 hours of turbine, FAA Multi-Engine ATP Certificate, current First Class Medical, FCC Radio License, legally authorized to work in the US, no restrictions on international travel, Current passport, ability to pass a 10 year security background check and a pre-employment drug test.

Long shot, but did she say what is competitive? I have the mins, but I know I am not competitive. Just thinking for others so they know what to possibly toss on a resume.

Competitive mins seem to have been transport category experience, several thousand TT, some PIC, and a Rec the last few times around, but that's an informal poll, and even if that was correct, there's no reason to assume it will be the same now.

Long shot, but did she say what is competitive? I have the mins, but I know I am not competitive. Just thinking for others so they know what to possibly toss on a resume.
She did not say. I would expect at least 4K for RJ guys. Less mins for military folks. They are looking for a diverse group of pilot candidates.

The key benefit of attending a job fair is to make connections with the recruiters. Think about all the people who are applying to Atlas. What are you going to do to make yourself stand out from all of the other candidates? If you don't have an "in", the job fair is an excellent opportunity to build a relationship with the recruiter. You can show why you belong at Atlas and make a lasting impression. Even if you do not meet the competitive minimums, one day you will. Then you can call or email the recruiter and say "Hello, do you remember me from the so and so job fair?" If you made a good impression, they will remember you.

Good luck.

I have a buddy who flies for Evergreen now on the 74 classic and 744, and has a job interview already lined up. Don't know the exact date, but the very beginning of the 2nd week of September sounds about right...

Back