Atlas Air dispatch

I'm just a lowly atlas scheduler hoping one day to make the jump to dispatch haha
I *highly* encourage you to try to move laterally to ops. You stand a better chance of getting to dispatch there rather than scheduling especially if you don’t have dx experience elsewhere.

After finding out there are a few Atlas dispatchers on here it would be fun to figure out a code word to be sent over ACARS that won't weird the other people out. That said I had an FO recently that signed every message XOXO...

And every time that guy sends me it I fire it off right back at them.

Bringing this one back to life to let the folks know there's another post up. Possibly a refresher since the post was old, and probably wasn't filled.

Just a thought.

Good luck.

The post is up again because of expected losses to WN and other places. MAYBE a couple of retirements as well.

One more thing to add.... If you come to interview and are not selected, the company kind of keeps you in a pool for both Polar and Atlas.
There are several people that have interviewed for one airline only to get an offer for the other.

Can anyone tell me more about the dispatcher schedule at Atlas?

The pay spreadsheet states 5 on / 3 off schedule of 8 hour shifts. (So Mon-Fri this week, Tue-Sat the next week, etc?) Is this still the case?

Can anyone tell me more about the dispatcher schedule at Atlas?

The pay spreadsheet states 5 on / 3 off schedule of 8 hour shifts. (So Mon-Fri this week, Tue-Sat the next week, etc?) Is this still the case?
Yep. Unless you're a relief line, then you get 11 days off per month. Shifts are technically 8.5 hours. Around 1940 hours a year. Contract negotiations are ongoing.

Back