ATL area A&P recommendations

AA34

I’m looking to have a prebuy done on a piston single and the guy I wanted to use is out of town for the next 10 days.

Does anyone have a recommendation for someone that may be available this next week? The plane is at West Georgia KCTJ.

Thanks everyone

S&S Aviation at CNI are as good as they come, give Jimmy Garland a call and he can either help you/get you in touch with someone he knows can.

Jimmy used to do all the work on the 414 I used to fly.

S&S Aviation at CNI are as good as they come, give Jimmy Garland a call and he can either help you/get you in touch with someone he knows can.

Jimmy used to do all the work on the 414 I used to fly.
Awesome man thank you very much!

Prebuys are getting hard to come by. A lot of shops are too busy for last minute work, and honestly, don’t want to be inserted into the middle of a deal that could go bad.

Last purchase I did, I paid to fly a guy into town, and made arrangements to have hangar space & jacks available.

That said, I’d try to focus on a shop that is an expert on your type. What’s good for a 182 might not be the best thing for a 210.

Prebuys are getting hard to come by. A lot of shops are too busy for last minute work, and honestly, don’t want to be inserted into the middle of a deal that could go bad.

Last purchase I did, I paid to fly a guy into town, and made arrangements to have hangar space & jacks available.

That said, I’d try to focus on a shop that is an expert on your type. What’s good for a 182 might not be the best thing for a 210.
Says Richard L Collins jr

Another detail is that there is no standard pre-buy. It is not a FAA required inspection. Therefore, a lot of discretion, the technician can look as deep as you want, or as little. Unless you are truly combining it with an annual or condition inspection.

Another detail is that there is no standard pre-buy. It is not a FAA required inspection. Therefore, a lot of discretion, the technician can look as deep as you want, or as little. Unless you are truly combining it with an annual or condition inspection.
An annual isn't a pre-buy either. It's a start, but you really need to tell the shop what you want looked it. Everything isn't a airworthiness issue. Worn-out tires, soft wing walk, failed radios, low compression, internal engine rust and corrosion will pass an annual.

An annual isn't a pre-buy either. It's a start, but you really need to tell the shop what you want looked it. Everything isn't a airworthiness issue. Worn-out tires, soft wing walk, failed radios, low compression, internal engine rust and corrosion will pass an annual.

Certainly. But a good pre-buy will tell you how well the airplane can be maintained in the future and/or if there are any deal killers. Corrosion or damage on a V-tail’s ruddervator is grounding. Gear repairs on a 210 can be financially devastating. A 310s gear pass annual, but without the side brace kit, you may get an ugly surprise .

Back