ASA Meeting

Chunk,

I was told the Nov. 25 CFI class would be shortened to 3 weeks as opposed to five because they want to keep it from running into Christmas. Did you hear otherwise? Will it run through the Christmas break?

When I talked to them about the Nov. 25th class they did not mention shortning it. But if the 25th class is a go I'll be down there. All of the positives far outweight the negatives, the few that I could find. Also thank you FSI students for you cander and help. I think the school is going to be well worth it. Even if ASA is a long road ahead. I was told 6-8 months for a standards class hopefully it is cut down by the time I am ready. But I am not holding my breath. How is vero to live in? Thanks Again FSI students.

Socially....Vero sucks! Unless, you like old blue-haired women drviing their Cadilacs. Your only saving grace in Vero is that FSI training consumes most of your time. See you in November.

A 25 Nov CFI class?? Things are very fluid down in Vero it seems.
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I was told the Nov. 25 CFI class would be shortened to 3 weeks as opposed to five because they want to keep it from running into Christmas.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 141 CFI program is 10 weeks not 5. The CFI-I is 5 weeks though.

Well, regardless of what the CFI program is, I was told by a member of the Academic Dept. that the Nov. 25 CFI class would be condensed to three weeks. Does anyone know if this is actually the case? I am not sure I want to be in a class condensed from 10 to 3 weeks.

Yeah, from 10 weeks to 3 weeks is a considerable amount of time. I'm gonna give em' a call to find out Monday.

They are only talking about condensing the "classroom portion" of the class from 5 to 3 weeks. To do this they would have to have almost two full sessions a day. That would amount to 8 hours of ground a day. I don't think I would like to go thru the CFI material that fast, and forget about doing much flying during that time.
If the class is small they can move things along a little because the student presentations won't take as long (A full class leads to 4 full days of student presentations.)

Oh yeah, to that rep from CAA- could you PLEASE take me off your mailing list. It has been about 4 years now I understand the whole "HIRED" pitch!

The condensing would be from 4 to 3 weeks for the ground school portion only. I would also assume, but call to verify, that the length of time the classes run throughout the week would be extended so that the total class time would be the same. Since you are charged for each hour of class time, it's probably safe to assume they wouldn't reduce the number of hours you'll attend class.

The 10 week estimate is to complete the entire program including the flying portions. That's a conservative estimate. If you work hard, you can finish much quicker.

Good luck.

Back