ASA hiring...

OCflyguy88

So what's the good, the bad and the ugly?

Pay as a new-hire, when do medical bennies kick in, how long is training, is previous airline experience a must, reserve times, trip swapping/trading. Do you pay for uniforms?

Well, this was posted elsewhere as to our f/a rates. Sucks big time.

1st 6 mos. $16.50
nd 6 mos. $17.84
2nd year $20.35
3rd year $21.97
4th year $23.48
5th year $25.00
6th year $26.26
th year $27.02
th year $27.78
th year $28.53
th year $29.40
th year $29.72
12th year $30.46
th year $31.22
th year $32.00
th year $32.80
th year $33.62
th year $34.46
th year $35.33
th year $36.21

Definitely can't vouch for any of them.

Also, as I'm not a f/a, I can't for sure answer any of your questions but I'll tell you what I know. Pilot medical bennies kicked in after 30 days, f/a training is about 3 weeks long and they used to put you up in hotel in ATL ( i assume they still do), I have no idea about previous airline experience, however doubt it very much. Reserve may be for a while, longest in current group has been on reserve for around 1.5 years, i know many are pissed about still being on reserve and quitting and that is part of the reason for hiring. I know we are short like crazy, current reserves are crediting over 100 hours without even trying. Also, ASA just fired like 30ish for stealing liquor money, so don't be a dumbass and steal. No idea about uniforms or trip trading.

Yes, they are hiring according to Indeed.com and the ASA website. Not sure if you know this or not, but Colgan is hiring FAs as well. I think starting pay is approx. $18 per flight hour. Bennies kick in on the first of the month following hiring and uniform purchase is deducted from your pay. (you get a $200 allowance on your year anniversary.) PM me for any more info, if you're interested.

Well the job isn't for me. I was asking for my boyfriend. He lives in Atlanta and isn't too keen on the idea of commuting. I was asking around since he doesn't have an account to any of the websites.

Although, how many hours should a new-hire FA expect to fly in a month. I think right now he earns (after taxes) about $1000 every 2 weeks. Could he earn this as a regional FA? Are there such things as minimum guarantees and limits to the amount of flying they do in a 24hr period, month?

Sorry not to informed on the folks in the back on the airplane. :-/

Thanks for any info.

$2k a month take-home? As a regional F/A? Perhaps after 2nd or 3rd year pay, and flying high time.

Well the job isn't for me. I was asking for my boyfriend. He lives in Atlanta and isn't too keen on the idea of commuting. I was asking around since he doesn't have an account to any of the websites.

Although, how many hours should a new-hire FA expect to fly in a month. I think right now he earns (after taxes) about $1000 every 2 weeks. Could he earn this as a regional FA? Are there such things as minimum guarantees and limits to the amount of flying they do in a 24hr period, month?

Sorry not to informed on the folks in the back on the airplane. :-/

Thanks for any info.

Well, I have no idea what their guarantee is, but i'm sure it's somewhere between 70 and 75 hours per month. Multiply that by the payrate and you'll see what you will make. They don't make a lot of money because all the f/a's i know get all excited about TAFB pay at 1.60/hr. Also, as I said above, I know some reserve f/a's and they are consistently crediting between 100-110 hours and they DON'T want to fly, the ones that do are over 120 hours of credit per month.

What's with the headbang?

An airline can have massive F/A turnover and need to hire F/As while there are pilots on furlough.

Look at his first post in the thread;) Hint: Its the one that the quote in his last reply is replaying to.

More of a D'oh moment.

As for the FA vs pilot hiring, CAL started hiring FAs at least a year before pilot hiring started after 9/11. I think almost every airline is like that.

You'll be on reserve so theres no way you'd get 2k a month, which sucks. FA's have a hard job and are not paid enough.

lol

No, it's not true. Not even close.

Um........actually it is. I seriously doubt while on furlough that you talk to f/a's much, but I can attest, after flying with many reserve f/a's that they have in fact been crediting 100ish hours. In fact, my last 4 day last week, I had 2 different reserve f/a's and both were complaining about how much they were flying. BOTH of them broke 100 hours of credit last month and were NOT call me first.

I actually do, and not one of the 6 are getting anywhere near 100 hours while on reserve.

I suppose they're out there, but they're not in my social circle.

There you have it, aevfo verifies.

Back