ASA Boo Boo

It was posted a bunch on the *other* websites a while back. This is NOT the first MX problem ASA has had with bumping airplanes together down there either.

It's interesting that ensuring the thrust lever was at shut off when they dry motor the engine wouldn't be part of SOP. Or maybe it is, and they just didn't check this time. In the 200 you would just be spraying fuel all over the place, but with the auto ignition system that FADEC has, it sure as heck is going to light off.

That's what you get when you have brand spankin new mechs doing comp washes without supervision!:banghead: The -700 is a total right off and Bombardier has a team down there trying to repair the two -200.

Hah. . .funny.

But yeah - old news round these here parts.

Feel bad for the mechanic honestly. She had hesitation in performing the wash, and well . . .now this.

It's interesting that ensuring the thrust lever was at shut off when they dry motor the engine wouldn't be part of SOP. Or maybe it is, and they just didn't check this time. In the 200 you would just be spraying fuel all over the place, but with the auto ignition system that FADEC has, it sure as heck is going to light off.

So this probably makes me look like an idiot because I supposedly passed "differences training", but won't the 700 abort the start if you move the thrust lever up prior to 20% N2/ 120 ITT? Or is it just the ITT that causes the auto abort? My PRM actually doesn't even mention any causes for the abort other than hot/hung.

I used to think that, and some versions of the software may, but I watched (over my VERY vocal suggestion not to) a former captain here start both engines by holding down both start switches and then throwing both thrust levers out of shut off and just letting it sit there for about 3 minutes.

It worked. So that's where my assumption it will start if the thrust lever is out of shut off before the started is engaged comes from/.

Back