Army Warrant Officer Flight Program

Spira...after reading your post and reading the information you obtained, I can understand your confusion. Actually, confusion is a state where Army Aviation is constantly in! just kidding. I am a 2LT in the National Guard and at Fort Rucker right now learning to fly 60's. Please feel free to PM if you think I can answer any of your questions. Here is the path I personally took to get here. As a preface, I already had my degree before starting my endeavor. I took the chance and enlisted as a 15T (UH-60 repairer) at my local Guard unit, just to get my foot in the door. After several months of talking to several pilots, the commanders, and Battalion Commander, I made my intentions clear that I wanted to go to flight school. I didn't give up and did my job the best I could and proved myself to the unit. I was finally granted an OCS slot, then flight school. They did take into consideration my that I had my ASEL certificate. Good luck to you...Army flight school is hard work, but some GREAT training!

If you are thinking WO got to this page. http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/

The process is long. If you are serious about it start now and expect your packet to go to the board in 9 to 12 months. You have to be persistent and relentless with the recruiter. He/she will try and sell you on the enlisted route but if being a pilot is what you want then tell him to . The recruiter does not care about you. Remember that. The enlisted 15T route in the NG/Reserves does not guarantee you a slot for WOFT. Many people would have enlisted before you with the promise of being given a slot. You are at the bottom of that list on day 1.

Go active, do the street to seat program, and go kill some bad guys for us. :beer:

(I was an enlisted medic on active duty for 6 years and in the reserves for 2)

Back