Are turbo props here to stay?

The public for the most part seems to be impressed by the Q400. It may just be the clean appearance since a lot of the planes are only a few months old, but I have noticed a lot of positive feedback from the passengers. It seems the majority enjoy the ride. I'd like to hear Qgar's opinion on this as she deals with the passengers a lot more then I do.

Thanks, Snuggle! For the most part, pax DO seem to like the Q. I love working as "A" so I can see their reaction when they realize "Oh God, it's a prop plane!!!!" I can't tell you how many are soo distracted by the prop when boarding that they hit their head on the doorway. (even after I've told them to watch their head.) :buck: Some are a little freaked out and think it's small inside, but are surprised when they actually have headroom once entering.
You are right, though, I think many of them are impressed with the newness and cleanliness of the plane and are pleasantly surprised to find out the fleet is only 6 months old, with some a/c being VERY fresh off the line. I've heard some people talk to each other trying to figure out if they are indeed "new" or just refurbished old planes. Some ask "why is CO using turboprops?" so I explain the fuel efficiency aspect on shorter routes. I love when people express an interest and enjoy answering their questions and hearing their comments. Just the other night, a pax was asking a lot of questions on airspeed, altitude, etc. One of our very nice CA's who was deadheading was nice enough to give me the answers to his questions. :)
Sure, there are some pax who don't like the plane or its ride, but to each his own, I guess. Can't please everyone all the time, right? ;)

Back