Are cargo khakis acceptable at the Academy?

mugenfan_98

I asked my dad what worked under the dress code rules at zau where I'm headed, and he said cargo khaki's were fine. He did say, however, that the academy might have different requirements. I plan on doing some shopping for my work clothes soon and I wanted to make sure I didn't waste any money on stuff that doesn't fit the guidelines.

polo shirts must be tucked in, socks, shoes with backs and fronts (IE no sandal type)

At your facility manglement might even talk to you about the color of your clothing IE does it match, etc.

Oh and no ankle, IE golf, socks

If we have to dress professionally I'd almost rather have a uniform. Otherwise I'd rather wear shorts.

I would much rather rock the jeans and the t-shirt, but the FAA thinks that the way the some of the vets used to dress degrades the public's belief in our ability to do the job.

Oh ya, don't forget KY for the ####ing your going to get every day.

That's why I wanna wear cargo khakis!!! I can fit that in my pocket along with some gauze and thank you cards. I think they should be more a accommodating if they are going to do that to my butt.

he wears his to the facility because he IS NOT a probationary employee, is checked out and doesnt have to worry about what every seasoned controller will think. How about you guys

It's just a dress code people. I can empathize with controllers who for all these years never had one and then all of a sudden have one smacked on them. But seriously it's not hard to wear khakis and tuck in your shirt. Is it going to damage your individuality and image that bad?

Back