Are both mics activated when one PTT is depressed?

3 Point

In a standard Cessna 172 with hardwired factory PTT switches - If right side PPT is depressed will both headset mics transmit during that button push, or will only the right side headset mic transmit?

I had a student who on a solo believed his Left side, PTT had gone out - so he began depressing the right side PPT, but didn't plug his headset into the right side jack.

In a standard Cessna 172 with hardwired factory PTT switches - If right side PPT is depressed will both headset mics transmit during that button push, or will only the right side headset mic transmit?

I had a student who on a solo believed his Left side, PTT had gone out - so he began depressing the right side PPT, but didn't plug his headset into the right side jack.
What vintage? Some really, really primitive audio panels might, but anything newer than the 80s it's going to be side-specific.

I have had a PTT go out (more than once) on various flights. To make it work, plug the headset into the passenger side and press the "passenger" PTT. Guarantee that you will make at least 3 radio calls pressing your PTT instead of the one on the other yoke though!

dynamic_microphone_tel_66t_538139.jpg

Back