APPP multi time building

badtransam97

Has anyone had any recent dealings with this place? They offer a few different packages for building multi time..Sounds pretty cheap right now, they have a special- 110/hr wet till the end of this month, which is not far offf and the guy talked like if you pay now, you could use the hours anytime you wanted to. I have been around enough to know a few people have been had, paying up front like this. I was just wondering what their equipment and staff were like? The website is www.atriplep.com

APPP sounds good over the phone... right now with the 110 hr deal is pretty good. As far as putting the money down for it, I really feel iffy about doing that... Personally I wouldnt put down the cash until you are on site. I know they require a deposit, but you can pay the rest when you get there. Might be worth spending the extra 3k to have that security. Their aircraft all have GPS and XM radar / radio and TCAS. Sounds like they are decent aircraft for long cross country flights.

I haven't used them but from their website it seems to require a safety pilot which effectively makes it 220/hr. Like most of those scenario's I suppose the biggest risk is trusting your Safety Pilot with your life. Personally, I wish flight schools would put deposits in escrow.

I haven't used them but from their website it seems to require a safety pilot which effectively makes it 220/hr. Like most of those scenario's I suppose the biggest risk is trusting your Safety Pilot with your life.

It does require a safety pilot. But one thing about APPP that is kindof neat is that they have a pilot "mentor" along for the entire flight. I guess all the mentors have around 500 ME time or more... I haven't seen this at any other time building place.

Personally, I wish flight schools would put deposits in escrow.

:yeahthat: X infinity

I've been doing a little research. I've been trying to find some real world ties to APPP. It seems like nobody knows about them. They have a testimonials page. The problem is that when I put in the pilot's names in the FAA certificate search page, either there were no pilots by that name or the pilots and only a PPL Single engine cert. Something seems a little fishy to me...

“I’ve been trying to build my multi-engine hours for years. I tried to build the time being a multi-engine instructor but could not find enough students to get my time. So with APPP’s two week 100 hours Fast Attack Program I had my 200 hours requirement in one month to go work for the regional airlines. APPP is the best multi-engine flying I have ever done!! APPP makes renting multi-engine aircraft easy just like it should be.”

-Justin C. Brooks (Ft. Worth, Texas)

“After wasting my time and money with companies that were overpriced, I decided to go with APPP. I finished my flight hours in a breeze. APPP is definitely a company you can rely on for your multi-engine time building needs.”

-Brandon Phitzmyer (Long Island, New York)

“What a wonderful experience! We went sightseeing in one of APPP’s Piper Apaches and were able to fly and go at our own schedule. We took a continental cross country from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida to San Diego, California. It was great because we made it a flying trip and visited friends and family while doing this cross country. I feel that my confidence has risen due to the experience while flying in APPP’s multi-engine aircraft to further my career! I’m looking forward to doing it again sometime! Thank you APPP - and I’m going to tell all my friends about your program!”

-Kirk Jones (Seattle, Washington)

“The aircraft that APPP operate are safe and well priced. There isn’t a better Multi Engine Time Building School that I’ve seen out there. Keep up the great work APPP!”

-John Blackwood (Honolulu, Hawaii)

i've wondered about this place. i havent gone there because i'm not paying all that $ up front. that's just asking to get ripped off.

I went down there and had a very good experience a year and half ago. I thought they were a well organized company that offers very inexpensive time that gives younger pilot real world cross country experience! The type of cross country flights we did were from Florida to Seattle. APPP conducts flights using FAA- standard cockpit resource management and crew-concept techniques. True nationwide cross-county flying in high-density traffic areas requires these techniques to meet the workload requirement of checklists, ATC communication, flight routing, and weather. They offer more than most time building companies. They supply you with all the charts VFR and Low Altitude IFR charts for the whole US! All of the time they had approach plates for most of our destinations! Also all there airplanes have XM radar weather and music as well terrain avoidance systems. Last, there is a great mentor that goes along that shows you around the country. It’s nice knowing that if any goes wrong mechanically like a starter etc he or she is there to take care of it for you. Other program expects you to pay for the maintenance if away from home base. Then reimbursement you when you get back. Since I’ve left there I've had about 20 people from close friends to people I know that went through the program and had very good things to say about it! I know that Atriplep sends out a welcome letter that shows past clients with telephone #’s. This allows the new clients to call them and see what the program has done for them. I know you will have a very professional experience there. The things you learn on your trip will help you out through you aviation career. :)

nobody's buyin it 737fltman.... clearly your only 2 posts are 5 months apart, and endorsing APPP.... oh, and its a copy and paste of the same post.

clearly you work for them....

Posts like this by this guy make me even more hesitant. I'm not even hesitant anymore. I'm just not going there!!! END OF STORY!

:yeahthat:

I was wondering if APPP was legit... Seems as though it isn't. I got a PM from him too and it's a copy and paste of his only 2 JC posts. Come on fly737dude... If your going pretend to be a past student you've really got to work on your pretending skillz.

I know I'm bringing a post back from the dead but I went ahead and ponied up the money and went to appp. I was just as hesitant as the rest of you are/were but it turned out to be a pretty good experience. I went from Fort Lauderdale to Riverside CA and back. We planned it so we could stop in vegas for one night, which was pretty cool. I paid dry and only bought a 50 hour block but the mentor had his iphone and was constantly looking for airports that had the cheapest fuel via airnav.com. That alone saved me and the guy I was flying with a couple hundred dollars easy. Did the trip in a seneca. The mentor even goes in on the hotel room so its split 3 ways. Unless you want your own room.

The owner is a really great guy, too. I wish I would have done my flight training outside ATP and went there for all my multi hours. Would have spent quite a bit less that way. I think ATP puts on thier papers that they are charging like 375 per hour in the seminole and that even includes the 'real world cross country' when your with another guy, in effect charging 750 dollars and I barely left florida during my training there in JAX.

jrsyguy a.k.a. testpilot - can't be deterred by anything.

glad it worked out well for you.

I posted something similar to this a while back. The reply I got back via email after a PM was shocking. It was enough to make me double think about it. Buyer beware.

I have a personal friend who is going to doin a 35 hour trip with them starting tomorrow. I may not be the most reputable of posters on this forum, but I'm sure someone has seen me around and I'll let you guys know what his experience was like after going there. Hopefully my word can be trusted :p

I have a personal friend who is going to doin a 35 hour trip with them starting tomorrow. I may not be the most reputable of posters on this forum, but I'm sure someone has seen me around and I'll let you guys know what his experience was like after going there. Hopefully my word can be trusted :p

Please do let us know. I've got a few PM's from people who have gone there, and so far I've heard nothing good about them.:(

Back