APPP multi time building

Ok so my friend is just about finished with his time-building stint with APPP and was able to get him on the phone today.

The company, according to him, rocks. Everything that is advertised on their website is true and they haven't tried to screw him over. He said that he actually really likes having the mentor pilot. He's a good source, according to my friend, for when there might be something you're unsure of when you're flying. The plane is a seneca and the front pilot and passenger seats are normal. The back of the plane contains one seat and a whole bookshelf of all the instrument approaches throughout the country (they advertise that they provide charts, which ends up being true). While enroute the mentor pilot looks up the cheapest gas on his laptop and you fly to that airport and save a buttload of money. He also said that they really get you to work as a 2-person crew (because you and another renter fly the plane while the mentor pilot is in the back) which he told me actually is more difficult than he thought it'd be... The mentor pilot even pays for his share of the hotel, which is nice. My friend really likes having the metor pilot because he really reinforces stuff that you may have forgotten if you were by yourself (certain checklist, following good habits, etc.) My friend actually LEARNED something while doing this whole experience lol. He also expanded his flying capabilities, impart due to the backing of the mentor pilot. From his words "We shot an ILS down to mins at night with so much snow hitting the plane that we could barely see the runway when we broke out at our decision altitude." I definitely would not have, and neither would my friend, shot that approach simply because I don't like bad weather :D but with the mentor pilot there, letting my friend know that it was simply too cold for the snow to do more than blow by, my friend was able to experience more and do more than before.

Oh and also, as you buy block rates, the prices for the rates goes down as you buy more hours ($100/hr for 25 hours, $95/hr for 50 hours, etc.) **I made those numbers up as an example**. My friend bought 35 hours but was charged the rate for the 50 hour block. Thought that was pretty cool and decent of APPP.

Take it for what it is, but from what my friend has said and done, I'd say these guys are good.

Hey!
I do know this post is a bit old but...I need updated info about APPP time building.
Anyone who has been with them recently=
Thanks.

Hey!
I do know this post is a bit old but...I need updated info about APPP time building.
Anyone who has been with them recently=
Thanks.
I flew down to APPP time building from New York around a month ago. I was quoted to fly with another pilot for 30 hours at $130/hour. When i arrived to Dallas i was told that the other pilot cancelled THREE days prior, so the price would be $195/hour rather than the original $130/hour. This was a total increase of $2000 from what I was originally told and got no good excuse for why i wasn't informed prior to leaving New York. Nothing about the place seemed legitimate. I asked an FBO next door about their reputation and the secretary had never heard of the company. The plane was not in good condition and the business was all around unprofessional. I can elaborate more if you want me too.
I decided that i would rather give my money to a more truthful business and left the next morning. Hope this helps and good luck!

Back