AOPA membership

I signed up for both back in November and I must say I like Flight training much better than the other one.. also, AOPA's Project Pilot is a great program if you are just getting started.

I've used it for multiple discounts many times, and the magazines are great resources for students and instructors.

I stopped renewing it a few years ago. They can use someone else's membership dues for fuel in their Cj.

-mini

I first joined AOPA in 2005, but I didn't renew after my 2nd year. I kept getting these weird calls on my cell, every night at the same time. It got really annoying. I did some digging on the number and it lead me to some foundation or organization where AOPA was on the list of sponsors. I had the feeling AOPA either provided or sold my number to this organization. I stopped renewing my membership. Of course, they kept sending me renewal forms, special offers, etc. I eventually caved and renewed my membership again about a week ago.

I first joined AOPA in 2005, but I didn't renew after my 2nd year. I kept getting these weird calls on my cell, every night at the same time. It got really annoying. I did some digging on the number and it lead me to some foundation or organization where AOPA was on the list of sponsors. I had the feeling AOPA either provided or sold my number to this organization. I stopped renewing my membership. Of course, they kept sending me renewal forms, special offers, etc. I eventually caved and renewed my membership again about a week ago.

I'm waiting til the month B4 they give away the plane so my name will be on top of the pile.

I joined in June of 07 and I renewed mine last year and will renew again.

I've been a member since 06. Very easy to use discounts. Flight Training is a good read for those getting started. Also pilot town meetings are cool.:D

as a CFI i find the mags useful for teaching. Short articles on all types of subject matter.

There is some other benefit to AOPA. YMMV

I like the mags, but, they(AOPA) do seem to call every once in a while for a donation. I also have seen an increase in junk-mail since signing up with them which sux:banghead:. The website though is even more worth it, now that you are a member you can take the interactive courses on numerous airman subjects, check them out.

The only thing I have used my membership card for is to scrap frost off the wings.

It did a good job.

Yup, they spent more money trying to get me to renew than I had given them in the first place.

Ive been a member for 6 years now, ever since I started flying. Granted, they do seem to waste quite a bit of money, but I think AOPA does much more for GA than any other organization. With the threat of user fees and airport closures almost every day, we need the AOPA to represent us in DC. Its not a perfect organization, but I still beleive all pilots should support them.

I enjoy the magazine, so $39 isnt unreasonable for the magazine alone.

I've been a member since 2002. The only complaint I have is that the magazine isn't available in a digital format like FLYING. Was also sad to see the discount (when using the AOPA credit card) at Sporty's go away.

I'm def going to join up. Just been too lazy. That's it, I'm doing it tonight, I think they do a lot of great things for aviation.

Back