AOPA Layoffs - CAPCON Killed

Yes, I'm really impressed. It must take mad skillz and tons of recent experience to remember how to push the throttle in a bit and turn the key. :rolleyes:
Based on my past experiences with piston singles it's much easier to start a turbine!

I'm not goin to wrap my head around money coming out of my pocket and into the FAA trust fund when I buy a ticket. So, when I bought my tv I should've thanked Sony for paying my taxes to the state of California? That was nice of them. When Sony sells a product, they set a price they can make money with regardless of tax structures in various counties. Do they price goods based on locale? Sure, but they're still making money regardless of the tax. If I want a tv and can't afford the tax as well, I don't buy the tv. If a passenger wants a ticket they'll buy it if they can afford it. Could Sony sell their product for more money with out taxes? Maybe, maybe not but with taxes they still make money. If the airlines can't make money on fares that include tax or not, they should really rethink the business model.

As I said earlier, if you can't understand the basic business concept of pricing point affecting demand, then this conversation is pointless.

As I said earlier, if you can't understand the basic business concept of pricing point affecting demand, then this conversation is pointless.
I'll translate that for the others.
"I don't really have an answer. I'm going to pretend your're stupid, so I don't have to actually to formulate a rational response"

Untill you realize customers pay tax regardless of the product, you're right this conversation is pointless.

Last edited:
Back