AOPA EXPO - Reviewed

Eagle

Just got back from the Expo.

Pros and Cons

Pros:
Nice to see all the venders, and look at some of the new jets that are out. Including one kick-butt fighter looking jet that will be sold to the average business man pilot... (methinks insuring it might be difficult)

Big bonus... Telling Exxon-Mobil Chick that Exxon made a huge mistake by changing the design of their bottles. They became less user friendly, and I switched back to Aero-shell as a result. Then telling the same thing to the guys from Aero -shell, and watching them snicker at the bad choice from Exxon..

Picking up avlabs oil analysis kits for half price. (2 for 20$)

Cons:

Philadelphia.

16$ to park for 2 hours?

60$ for the two of us going inside the Expo. ….. Um Hello? Aren’t we members? Shouldn’t we be invited in as a GUEST???!!!! Who is making money from this? AOPA that’s who.

Poor direction and set up from the Expo/convention center Staff. Registration (not noted anywhere no signs or anything..) on a separate floor, found out when entering the exhibit hall when the security guard shooed away 20-30 people. (upstairs make a left.... Oh no that is a different convention, the OTHER left.. and down the hall a bit... No thru that one open door, no we don't need no stinkin sign....)

Providing AOPA all your information just to get in (Hey we are members…. Remember us? You have all that already) I wonder how many other peoples besides Mrs Eagle signed in as John and Jane Doe.

And the Static display which should have been at NE Philadelphia airport a nice class D, was where? YEP YOU GO IT….PHL Class B airport. Give me a f’n break. It is difficult enough o get to the airport when you need to travel,…

Next year Long Beach Ca., I’ll stay home thank youverymuch.

Eagle, yeah last year I went out in Palm Springs, CA... It cost a lot and the displays were pretty much all advertisements anyways.

But that said it was still pretty cool to see all the new things and play around with 'em. I liked the seminars, specifically Barry Schiff, Rod Machado, and some ASF safety seminar.

I got in for free and I'm not a member, they said kids
smirk.gif
didn't have to pay, worked for me
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I got in for free and I'm not a member, they said kids
smirk.gif
didn't have to pay, worked for me
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The Great American child subsidy continues.

Mrs E Added....

"ERU and those other flight schools "Delta Clownair connection acdy " and colleges need to hire some hot babes for the booths... if they think the AOPA expo is a good place to recruit, because the staff they had there is not going to get any teenaged boy to apply...."

[ QUOTE ]
Mrs E Added....

"ERU and those other flight schools "Delta Clownair connection acdy " and colleges need to hire some hot babes for the booths... if they think the AOPA expo is a good place to recruit, because the staff they had there is not going to get any teenaged boy to apply...."

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw a couple hot girls in some of the booths..........

I had a good time, though I agree that the parking was way too expensive. They should give convention attendees some sort of discount.

I went to a couple of the seminars, though the one I REALLY wanted to go to (Single Pilot IFR) was so full that I couldn't get in. For some reason it was in one of the smaller rooms.

I enjoyed attending though, if for no other reason than I got to talk to fellow pilots. I guess that's the hazard of having a non-aviation job, I never get to talk to pilots. (Other than you lovely people.)

Grayson

Back