Anyone else a bit scared of ATC becoming fully contracted?

Re: Anyone else a bit scared of ATC becoming fully contracte

Hey, maybe they should privatize the Army. That sounds like a good idea.
you ever heard of blackwater, or wolfpack? i dont think the FAA will ever entirely privatized ATC, but as you all know theyve already started, so who knows what may happen in 10 or 15 years?

i also plan on getting an AR 15 before B puts a ban on assault rifles. also dont forget to stock up on higher capacity mags

17!!!! sweet what kinda arsenal you sportin' JL?
well shoot. i got a little bit of everything. mostly handguns and shotguns.
my favorite is my Kimber Pro Covert II. i have 6 rifles of different calibers, mostly Savage and Marlin. a RRA AR-15, which is a sweet choice for an AR at the price. of course I mostly have Glocks...G17, G19, G20, G21, G26, G30, G30SF, and G34. don't ask me why i don't own a Glock in .40SW. not really sure. maybe that'll be my next buy.

and what is that hunting calibers thing???? take away hunting calibers? or letting everyone keep only hunting calibers?
good question. i've hunted with a 9mm before, but that was more on a challenge that i couldn't hit a prairie dog at 100 yards. i didn't :mad: the NRA sent me a 10 point plan about what Barack plans to do. it mentioned him banning hunting calibers. i have no clue what it all means. does that mean he will ban hunting rifles? that would get him impeached. or does he just plan on banning the sale of hunting ammo? who's to decide what a hunting caliber is anyway. from .17hmr to 7mmREM, i got both of those. i would understand which is a hunting caliber and which isn't, but why so dead set on that. maybe you should worry about illegal guns and not legal calibers.

anyway i could ramble for days on this. i think i already rambled too much.

NO, but you can think what you want

But I can retire at any time
but read this
Obama, on the other hand, maintains the FAA "has failed to work well with our nation's air traffic controllers, neglecting to treat them with the respect they deserve." His campaign says it will work with Congress to modernize ATC and Obama will direct the new FAA Administrator to "work cooperatively" with frontline controllers
from here - http://www.usatoday.com/travel/columnist/mcgee/2008-10-28-presidential-candidates-on-travel_N.htm

or this
Obama:
I am firmly opposed to privatizing the air traffic control system, and I believe that air traffic control is a governmental function.
from here - http://evansparks.wordpress.com/2008/10/19/mccain-and-obama-speak-out-on-general-aviation/

ATC is too closely related to national security to privatize it.

There is a reason I don't put all my money into the TSP or a 401K. I'm surely not counting on Social Security. I prepare for any scenario. I hope we don't get privatized, but I figure I have 25-30 years to go in this career, and I'm spreading my money out.

well shoot. i got a little bit of everything. mostly handguns and shotguns.
my favorite is my Kimber Pro Covert II. i have 6 rifles of different calibers, mostly Savage and Marlin. a RRA AR-15, which is a sweet choice for an AR at the price. of course I mostly have Glocks...G17, G19, G20, G21, G26, G30, G30SF, and G34. don't ask me why i don't own a Glock in .40SW. not really sure. maybe that'll be my next buy.

anyway i could ramble for days on this. i think i already rambled too much.

Sweet. I have lots of collector stuff, but my favorite is my WASR-10.
That will probably be the first to go....... very sad.....

controllers should all be worried at least a little... we could lose our retirement and health benefits, just like FSS did.

Well you could go on strike without being fired if you don't like your contract I hope. I'm tired of our government having it both ways.... we want to privatize it.... unless the workers need to improve work rules and pay...

You can if it gets privatized. The no strike deal is a government/public safety thing. If it's a business it is a business.

well....looks like we might not have to be concerned about this any more....at least in the short term....

Sweet. I have lots of collector stuff, but my favorite is my WASR-10.
That will probably be the first to go....... very sad.....

apparently/hopefully nothing since he plans on only taking aw automatic weapons and hunting calibers...needless to say i have at least 17 guns that are in jeopardy. but, B MIGHT hook up my pay, so....

Are you two seriously going to let them take your guns if they try? I'm getting my conceal carry permit in a few weeks and you better be damn sure no one is taking my guns without a firefight. I am seriously considering making a sidearm part of my day to day apparel from now on. This country is going to be in for a hell of a ride for the next 4 years.

I would carry every day if I could, but without being a cop it is almost impossible to get a permit anywhere in Southern California.

I would carry every day if I could, but without being a cop it is almost impossible to get a permit anywhere in Southern California.

kern county is pretty liberal with the CCW. problem is u might need to move a little further northeast. i lived in kern for 8 years at EDW, got a CCW no problem there. maybe it was because i was active duty military. or maybe it was the conservatives in kern. i feel your pain in VCV. sorry.

I don't know how long ago you were in Kern County but the political climate is changing there too. I grew up there but things have changed drastically since then. If it is still that easy to get a permit there, it would not be out of the question ofr me to live in that county. Not 15 minutes from Palmdale is Rosamond which is in the very southern tip of Kern County. ZLA is located just east of Palmdale, so the commute is possible.

Not all states have CCW...... also very sad.

I hope that if they reinstate the so called "assault weapons ban" that they will grandfather current owners like they did the first time.

Other than that.....all this talk about Obama hooking up everyones pay....what is the real story with that? How tight with NATCA is he?
Does NATCA have any leverage to hold him to his promises?

Not all states have CCW...... also very sad.
yes it is. it's a fundamental 2nd amendment right. if not CCW, then at least open carry.

Other than that.....all this talk about Obama hooking up everyones pay....what is the real story with that? How tight with NATCA is he? Does NATCA have any leverage to hold him to his promises?
nah none. no matter what anyone will say, NATCA has no leverage. not in the current situation or the future with Barack coming in. However, it is a much better situation. he says we will have a friend in the white house, which is all we ever wanted/needed.

A friend is one thing. Results are another.

Yeah, they have the same leverage that PATCO had with Reagan.

I don't know how long ago you were in Kern County but the political climate is changing there too. I grew up there but things have changed drastically since then. If it is still that easy to get a permit there, it would not be out of the question ofr me to live in that county. Not 15 minutes from Palmdale is Rosamond which is in the very southern tip of Kern County. ZLA is located just east of Palmdale, so the commute is possible.

4 years ago. i spent 8 years stationed at Edwards AFB. i lived in Rosamond after getting married and know what your talking about. i still see Kern as being the most "liberal" CCW county in southern cali. i've carried one for most of the last 8 years. kern, phoenix az, and idaho.

everyone should carry a firearm LEGALLY as per the 2nd amendment.

Back