Any Terminal ONLY people out there??

MissATC

SO after reading through the many PUBNATs and "waiting on FOL's" postings, I'm realizing that I hardly see anyone getting placed at a tower. :(

Everyone either chose the Enroute option or the "both" option and got chosen for an enroute center. It makes sense that there's probably a need for more Enroute people than towers. Did anyone get chosen for Terminal (who chose Terminal only or both options)?

I chose the both option and got picked for Terminal. I start the Academy October 21st.

Also, I see your location as Fort Lauderdale which is interesting because I got Fort Lauderdale International.

I chose the "both" option on the geo prefs. Received a TOL for RVS, a tower in Tulsa, OK. Still waiting on FOL.

I chose the both option and got picked for Terminal. I start the Academy October 21st.

Also, I see your location as Fort Lauderdale which is interesting because I got Fort Lauderdale International.

You have no idea how excited I am to hear that!! I was stupid enough to think that I didn't need to apply to the remaining PUBNATs and then I started reading the boards about how people are chosen according to their preferred locations, route options, and score...and I figured I shot myself in the foot and wouldn't get invited to the PEPC b/c so many people choose FL & GA.

I chose the Terminal Only option on the geo prefs. Received a TOL for ROA, a tower/TRACON (otherwise known as an up down facility) in Roanoke, VA. My security clearance, medical, etc...have all passed and I am waiting on a class date for my FOL.

I chose Terminal Only, IL & IA. I received my TOL for Des Moines, IA at the Chicago PEPC and I am waiting for my FOL.

Truth be told, outside of major facilities, an individual tower doesn't employ that many people in relation to a Center or TRACON. Then, most smaller towers have been contracted out or were contract from the get-go. Usually unless they're part of an up/down this is the case with a few exceptions. Those are probably the biggest reasons why you don't hear about many people going to a tower here.

Truth be told, outside of major facilities, an individual tower doesn't employ that many people in relation to a Center or TRACON. Then, most smaller towers have been contracted out or were contract from the get-go. Usually unless they're part of an up/down this is the case with a few exceptions. Those are probably the biggest reasons why you don't hear about many people going to a tower here.

Glad I live near a major city with major facilities! I picked two states that have major facilities in both...so hopefully my choices are not out of reach.

I requested terminal only and got St. Thomas USVI (which was one of my geo preferences). Just waiting on my FOL.

I applied Terminal and Colorado only. I really limited myself, but I figured it was worth a shot, I may get lucky and get exactly what I want. If not, I can change some things around on PubNat3,5 & 6. Missed PUBNAT4 unfortunately, busy traveling to and taking the AT-SAT.

I requested terminal only and got St. Thomas USVI (which was one of my geo preferences). Just waiting on my FOL.

Wow, that's cool! My parents are from the Caribbean, but I never gave it any thought to get placed out there and have to live and raise a family.

Wow, that's cool! My parents are from the Caribbean, but I never gave it any thought to get placed out there and have to live and raise a family.

Thanks. Luckily I don't have kids to worry about. I've wanted to move down to the Carribean for years now. This is totally my dream come true to have my career of choice in paradise. Now I just need that FOL....

I applied Terminal and Colorado only. I really limited myself, but I figured it was worth a shot, I may get lucky and get exactly what I want. If not, I can change some things around on PubNat3,5 & 6. Missed PUBNAT4 unfortunately, busy traveling to and taking the AT-SAT.

Where do you want in CO? Im crossing my fingers for APA

Thanks. Luckily I don't have kids to worry about. I've wanted to move down to the Carribean for years now. This is totally my dream come true to have my career of choice in paradise. Now I just need that FOL....

Well good luck on that FOL...

I chose both options, because I really wanted the best shot at getting to the next step. I got a TOL for a podunk tower, CNO, in southern CA.

I selected both for and originally got Northern California TRACON (NCT) but I was asked if I would got to SCK, Stockton Metro Airport. I am going to the academy on the 7th of November and I am looking forward to it.

Geo pref CA and NY (I was hoping for SCT, NCT, or SYR)

I selected BOTH, but the two states I picked have only terminal facilities.

I did that so that in the event I was selected for a state other than one that I picked, I would still be open to more possibilities.

Back