Any Terminal ONLY people out there??

Well I am not losing my mind.... but I guess that is like Los Angeles Center being in Palmdale (50 miles away). :panic: Welcome to the FAA!

A good number of centers aren't in the actual cities (i.e. Boston, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, etc.) ... I'm pretty sure Boston is the only center that's not even in the state :panic:

TOL and FOL

Tentative Offer Letter = TOL
Firm Offer Letter = FOL

Basically, it is like Engagement and Marriage

Engagement:TOL::Marriage:FOL

and that shines line on my dark path of disarray...thanks much guys.....thats why i love this site lol...why i lurked so long i have no idear!

You just didn't have any questions at that time.

dont have many now......just finally decided to get the feet wet...i see you will be in OKC soon...congratulations and Good Luck!.....tell me how it is if u dont mind!

Where do you want in CO? Im crossing my fingers for APA

Hey, APA is very cool. I just toured there last weekend. I did my flight training for my Private License there, so I kinda know the airspace and airport layout pretty well. I wouldn't mind working there, either.

But for my first choice, I am hoping for DEN for a challenge and better $$. I live close to BJC though so that would be cool, too.

dont have many now......just finally decided to get the feet wet...i see you will be in OKC soon...congratulations and Good Luck!.....tell me how it is if u dont mind!

Of course, I'll probably blog about it.

Hey, APA is very cool. I just toured there last weekend. I did my flight training for my Private License there, so I kinda know the airspace and airport layout pretty well. I wouldn't mind working there, either.

But for my first choice, I am hoping for DEN for a challenge and better $$. I live close to BJC though so that would be cool, too.

Very cool. Yeah I did my PVT, INS, and COMM there so I love the area and airspace. Good luck to you with coming emails.

i applied to only terminal, for PUBNAT 2, in california and hawaii...now this thread makes me nervous because i REALLY want to get to OKC. i got on the referral list with a score of 89 on the ASAT.

I already posted this in the other thread but it is worth repeating because a lot of people are getting nervous over anecdotal evidence.

I called and talked to a atc hr person when I was filling out my geographic preferences to find out how much it would hurt me to put terminal only. She told me that, at this time, there were actually more terminal positions available then enroute. She then said that the best thing I could do when filling out your geo prefs was to list exactly what facilities you would like in the comments field.

I already posted this in the other thread but it is worth repeating because a lot of people are getting nervous over anecdotal evidence.

i feel like that info would have been a lot more help ohhh say, a month ago

I think that is a VERY general statement based simply on the fact there are more terminal locations across the US. If someone is looking at a state that only has a small handful of FAA run towers and up/downs, then terminal only may be a bad idea unless that area is also undesirable as a duty station.

On the flipside, it took me actually taking a tour of a Center (ZTL) before I was convinced that it was an option for me. In my opinion, it would be a bad idea to select enroute if that's not really what you want to do just for the sake of getting your foot in the door. My tour was given by a friend of the family and he made sure to mention to me that most people that start work in a center work their the remainder of their careers. He started there in 1990 and will be going on 18 years at the Atlanta ARTCC this November. FWIW, he was an off the street hire as well, with no prior ATC or CTI (did it even exist then?) experience.

Geo-pref 1.VA 2.WV with Terminal only
Got a TOL at MEM PEPC for CRW (Charleston, WV) with no OKC date
I was told in early September that November was a likely month for OKC.

I've said it on here before, but I was told at the PEPC that people who select states where young people typically don't want to go then that is where you will likely get picked. Such as ND, SD, GU (Guam), WV, VI, AK etc.

I know of 3 other people besides myself that put WV as a #2 choice and we all got WV on PUBNAT1.

There was one person (Sunburn) on here that got placed for a Nov 7 Terminal class date and went to the MEM PEPC. I haven't seen anyone else get selected for a Nov date. Million dollar question: "Why?" If anyone can pull some strings and find out that would be awesome.

Geo-pref 1.VA 2.WV with Terminal only
Got a TOL at MEM PEPC for CRW (Charleston, WV) with no OKC date
I was told in early September that November was a likely month for OKC.

I've said it on here before, but I was told at the PEPC that people who select states where young people typically don't want to go then that is where you will likely get picked. Such as ND, SD, GU (Guam), WV, VI, AK etc.

I know of 3 other people besides myself that put WV as a #2 choice and we all got WV on PUBNAT1.

There was one person (Sunburn) on here that got placed for a Nov 7 Terminal class date and went to the MEM PEPC. I haven't seen anyone else get selected for a Nov date. Million dollar question: "Why?" If anyone can pull some strings and find out that would be awesome.

The answer to the million dollar question as to why I am enrolled in the Nov 7th class, I asked for it, I wanted to be here for my father's birthday, he is the reason I am even able to be hired because I worked for his company for about four years. There are a couple others who are also in enrolled in the Nov 7th class, and well, I think it is just because they are going to none critically staffed facilities like me. Stockton tower, shortly after I got my FOL told the FAA they no longer need new hires and they offered Fresno Tower to anyone that wasn't already in at Stockton, I think I didn't get that letter because I wanted to get into NCT, I have family and friends there, and I think someone pulled a string because my friend, a sup at NCT trained the trainer at SCK.

Ah I see. Well thats cool, I'm glad it worked out for ya. Hopefully they will start to contact everyone soon. I'm really bored with where I work.

Avi8torGirl,

Hey, Just asking if you received your FOL yet? I Also received a TOL for ROA at The NYPEPC on July 9th. I am looking forward to working with you. I still have not received my FOL and I haven't heard from HR after several contact attempts. Any luck for you?

Back