Any regional paying for relocation?

gullwing93

Hey all!

I just completed my Dispatch certificate and am eager to get to work, but I'm kind of stuck in my location. Is it unheard of for regional airlines to offer relocation funds to new hires?

If they don't that makes sense, I'm just wondering if it's totally impossible.

Thank you all!

Air Wisconsin did at one time, but that was before they went union. Unaware of any others, but some may help out without doing a full paid move. It would definitely be more the exception than the rule though.

Pretty sure that even the legacies don't pay for relocation. I'm guessing they only would if there was a shortage of applicants, which I don't ever see happening.

I know Endeavor and Republic will provide a hotel for up to two weeks, but you may have to ask, as I know it’s not always offered. Two of the three in my class didn’t get a hotel.

I know Endeavor and Republic will provide a hotel for up to two weeks, but you may have to ask, as I know it’s not always offered. Two of the three in my class didn’t get a hotel.
I have heard of Endeavor offering 3-6 weeks hotel in an extended stay (with a kitchen) and Frontier giving upwards of 5k for relocation as well. These are of course from word of mouth and may change by offer or time...

UAL paid for relocation about 3 ish years ago. At least, they did for their new crew schedulers. Have a friend who worked as a Crew Scheduler there and she didn't have to set up a thing, they basically did it for her. Not to mention a hotel for the duration of her initial training.

PSA does give you a hotel room for five weeks (up to six if you need it) while you're going through training.

UAL paid for relocation about 3 ish years ago. At least, they did for their new crew schedulers. Have a friend who worked as a Crew Scheduler there and she didn't have to set up a thing, they basically did it for her. Not to mention a hotel for the duration of her initial training.
Can confirm all of this. Worked in that capacity for a year. My understanding is that this is not extended to the dispatch group.

Can confirm all of this. Worked in that capacity for a year. My understanding is that this is not extended to the dispatch group.

That is correct, but is extended to people hired as dispatch support coordinators (since they are non-union positions.)

Hey thank you everyone for your replies!

I applied to PSA last night, I suppose I can try to scrimp and save during training (saying I get on).

Those on here that did have to relocate - how much did it cost you? And how did you make it economical?

Thank you all again!

I applied to PSA last night, I suppose I can try to scrimp and save during training (saying I get on).

Those on here that did have to relocate - how much did it cost you? And how did you make it economical?

Thank you all again!
The few times I’ve had to move myself I found it was a better use of my time to sell the vast majority of my stuff and by new. By the time I factored in a truck, gas, hotels, meals, etc, it was just easier to pack a few boxes of clothes.

That being said, I found a few pieces of furniture on Amazon I like that’s relatively cheap, so the last few times I’ve ended up with almost the same furniture.

Thank you all again!

First long distance move: Didn't really have any furniture, just threw everything in the back of my pickup.
Second long distance move: Sold pickup, got a U-haul truck, bought a new car when I got to my new location (it was time anyhow for a new vehicle.)
Third long distance move: Company paid for it. (HQ move)
Fourth long distance move: Rented U-Haul truck again. Hired some people to help load/unload.
Fifth long distance move: Company paid relocation (quite rare in this industry...they did a really good job, too.)
Sixth long distance move: Hired a moving company (should have picked a better one but at least my stuff arrived safely.)
Seventh long distance move: Another HQ move, paid for by the company.

Hopefully I am done with long distance moves for now until I retire. However - this is the airline industry, so I'm not placing any bets. In general, long distance U-Haul moves averaged around $1000-1500 (although this was quite a few years ago) and moving companies were more like $2000-3000 (depending upon the distance of the move, amount of stuff, etc.)

Hopefully I am done with long distance moves for now until I retire. However - this is the airline industry, so I'm not placing any bets. In general, long distance U-Haul moves averaged around $1000-1500 (although this was quite a few years ago) and moving companies were more like $2000-3000 (depending upon the distance of the move, amount of stuff, etc.)

I don't envy all those moves! I'm in DFW and don't want to leave, but also don't want to wait for Envoy if I won't get in.

Thank you for your estimates, they make it a lot easier for me to plan.

I don't envy all those moves! I'm in DFW and don't want to leave, but also don't want to wait for Envoy if I won't get in.

Yeah, it was a lot of moving....unfortunately that is the nature of the job. You don't really get to pick out where you want to work. Some people do get lucky, and the fact that there are two majors in the DFW area Increases your odds of getting there someday...but I wouldn't hold out for a local carrier for your first job. You need to get 121 experience.

Back